Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup. It's a little heavy. I think he will have a bit if an issue holding it up but it looks great. My only gripe is that I wish it had a brushed met at look instead of a chrome mirror finish.

If you are cool with repainting it yourself, you could brush the metal yourself. All you need to do is get a big blob of blu tack on the end of a drill. turn the drill up, and attach the shield so it's facing up and decently centred. Then get some high grit(Maybe 2000 or 2500), and start sanding while the drill is turning.
That will brush it nicely.

I want this badly but NRD is scaring me away.

Why would it scare you? This set is a must have. The perfect headsculpts, Cap in his Stealth out fit, a Steve Rogers sculpt and figure. It's the ultimate set. So what if there's a NRD. Shouldn't be a chance of cancelling.

That's why I tend to order so much from BBTS.
Not a bad idea but i believe they get there supplies a bit later than if buying direct from HT.

Why would it scare you? This set is a must have. The perfect headsculpts, Cap in his Stealth out fit, a Steve Rogers sculpt and figure. It's the ultimate set. So what if there's a NRD. Shouldn't be a chance of cancelling.
LOL well I have other figures PO and afraid I might have to cancel a few :(

If making a payment on something you badly want scares you then you probably really do not want it.
Must own if these end up looking like the pics :)

Not a bad idea but i believe they get there supplies a bit later than if buying direct from HT.

I like that though because it means I can check out lots of people's in-hand pictures before BBTS gets my figure, so I have extra time to cancel if a figure ends up looking "meh". I also tend to like to hedge my bets with pre-orders, pre-ordering everything I think I *might* want later on, just in case. But I do tend to cancel a lot of them.

The Cap two-pack is one I wouldn't have minded the NRD on because it looks awesome. But playing devil's advocate, haven't there been instances when a Hot Toys proto looked a lot better than the final figure did? That's the scary thing about NRD's.

I like that though because it means I can check out lots of people's in-hand pictures before BBTS gets my figure, so I have extra time to cancel if a figure ends up looking "meh". I also tend to like to hedge my bets with pre-orders, pre-ordering everything I think I *might* want later on, just in case. But I do tend to cancel a lot of them.

The Cap two-pack is one I wouldn't have minded the NRD on because it looks awesome. But playing devil's advocate, haven't there been instances when a Hot Toys proto looked a lot better than the final figure did? That's the scary thing about NRD's.

Sometimes, Yes, Dark World Loki is a recent example

Actually I think Loki is an example of how the HS improved from proto to final. I'd say that GA Cap is an example from how figure ended up turning out worse than the proto

:goodpost:

Couldn't have said it better, Loki was just a bad sculpt ending up not so bad as first thought.

Where as Cap was a not so bad sculpt ending up worse :rotfl

Actually I think Loki is an example of how the HS improved from proto to final. I'd say that GA Cap is an example from how figure ended up turning out worse than the proto

:goodpost:

Couldn't have said it better, Loki was just a bad sculpt ending up not so bad as first thought.

Where as Cap was a not so bad sculpt ending up worse :rotfl

I think Cap came out the same as the proto, when you compare the pictures there's not much difference, I know thats hard to believe but that is the case :monkey3

Anyone else order this from UrbanSamuarihobbies in Canada? Has your order been cancelled due to incorrect pricing on the website yet?

Back