1/6 Hot Toys MMS239 Black Widow The Winter Soldier Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know the type of hair gel Hot Toys used on Widow? I'd like to get some for Selina. Did they ever reveal that information?

you can use 'Dollfie wax' its designed for synthetic toy hair. But its hard to find

volks-dollfie-water-wax.jpg

Anyone else not like all the colors in the AOU suit? Seems a bit branded and not very Black Widowy.

I can agree with that but u almost feel like some of the designs for these new costumes are too busy. I personally don't like the extra red accents on the new Cap suit or the extra red and blue on the new Widow, but that's just me. Also, not a fan of Hulk's new pants either. Here's a chance I still might get AOU Cap though since I might start a Cap collection cause I pretty much have every Cap so far.

I can agree with that but u almost feel like some of the designs for these new costumes are too busy. I personally don't like the extra red accents on the new Cap suit or the extra red and blue on the new Widow, but that's just me. Also, not a fan of Hulk's new pants either. Here's a chance I still might get AOU Cap though since I might start a Cap collection cause I pretty much have every Cap so far.

I agree with you on Widow's outfit being too busy. I am unsure how I feel about Hulk's new pants. I like the new look as it fits the current look in comics. But the torn pants is so iconic. For me it will depends on how easily I can find an Avengers Hulk for a good price. As far as Cap goes, I love the new look. But I liked the Stealth suit as well.

I agree with you on Widow's outfit being too busy. I am unsure how I feel about Hulk's new pants. I like the new look as it fits the current look in comics. But the torn pants is so iconic. For me it will depends on how easily I can find an Avengers Hulk for a good price. As far as Cap goes, I love the new look. But I liked the Stealth suit as well.

Yeah man, like, ive said this a bunch already but WS Nat is definitely the definitive comic book Widow aside from the head sculpt. ( still waiting for the long hair) and thats what I'm going for with my display. Im going to repaint the extra Widow's Bite's to either silver or gold too to really complete the comic look.

The only way I'm gonna buy a new Hulk is if they fix his proportions or if they give him a better sculpt or body.

yeah the designs are a little off, but I don't think they are terrible....

They definitely aren't terrible but I just do think they put a little too much on everyone. I blame Tony since he apparently designed the new suits for everyone. :p though I don't mind the coat on Hawkeye.

They definitely aren't terrible but I just do think they put a little too much on everyone. I blame Tony since he apparently designed the new suits for everyone. :p though I don't mind the coat on Hawkeye.

I was just going to say that, Hawkeye looks amazing with the new coat

Yeah it's definitely a nod to his classic 616 outfit. I do think it'd be cool to see his current outfit though I'm sure people will complain that he's just wearing a t-shirt. :p that's actually also what I want to see for Gamora since I LOVE her Mass Effect-y outfit in the current Bendis run and would love to see that on screen.

Yeah it's definitely a nod to his classic 616 outfit. I do think it'd be cool to see his current outfit though I'm sure people will complain that he's just wearing a t-shirt. :p that's actually also what I want to see for Gamora since I LOVE her Mass Effect-y outfit in the current Bendis run and would love to see that on screen.

Love that outfit on Gamora, and her outfit at the end of GOTG
GAMORA.jpg

ghj.jpg

I think Cap's AOU outfit looks great, but adding red to Black Widow's outfit just doesn't look right. I'll be sticking with my WS version.

How does a TWS Black Widow thread turn into a GOTG Discussion, or for that matter an Avengers AOU discussion

Love that outfit on Gamora, and her outfit at the end of GOTG
GAMORA.jpg

This is the main reason I'm skipping Drax and Gamora. They look good, but I found the designs kind of bland. And seeing how Marvel likes to have the comic and movie costumes be similar, I'm holding out hope that we see something along these lines for GotG 2.

As for the Widow, I was waiting to see the AoU version before I made a decision between this and A2, but I'm leaning towards TWS. I like the new suit, but as others hav already said, it's too busy. I'll wait to see the official photos though, some things may yet change.

Back