Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Christmas present from the fiancé! The suit bunches up around the joints when posing, any tips to minimize this?

That's awesome!
I really like this figure but I know what you mean about it bunching. As far as the suit goes, I try and pull the suit from the joints when posing to avoid trapping it, then try to smooth it out after I've settled on a pose. For example, with the arms try pulling the material down to the wrist.
Hope that helps a bit

Purchased this guy at Wizard World Chicago in August... paid $188 new which I thought was more than fair.

He looks Amazing, but his suit is less than... Why build/sell a figure if its movements are limited?
He sits on top of my detolfs in the same pose as he was in the box... I looked through the thread at some of the photos and saw some great pictures, but does anyone have any tips for posing him without damaging his suit/joints?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-23 at 4.27.48 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-01-23 at 4.27.48 PM.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 524
From what I understand the only real issue is you can't leave the arms and legs bent for a long time because if the blue fabric contacts itself, the fabric will stick together.

Don't know how extreme a pose you want but maybe try using the dynamic stand so it can be posed in the air.

Purchased this guy at Wizard World Chicago in August... paid $188 new which I thought was more than fair.

He looks Amazing, but his suit is less than... Why build/sell a figure if its movements are limited?
He sits on top of my detolfs in the same pose as he was in the box... I looked through the thread at some of the photos and saw some great pictures, but does anyone have any tips for posing him without damaging his suit/joints?

The suit is very durable, all you need to do is to break it in. I've never had a problem leaving it in a pose for a few days and have the suit not come back to it's original shape. The only issue is that the neck joint won't have much range because the material won't allow it since it's so tight there.

Centrocal & Green Goblin:

That is really great to hear! I have watched a lot of youtube videos and heard people complain about the web detail on his suit separating from the actual fabric if posed/stretched... & I am looking for a pose like the one on the box... can it be done?

hot-toys-amazing-spider-man-sixth-scale-figure-mms179-001.jpg

this is still on my my funniest releases . The fact he started shipping around the the time the second movie was coming out makes me chuckle . I'm still shocked he isn't getting heavy discounts.

@marker that is AMAZING !!! (pun indented :D )
I really enjoy how your spidy's start low and go up in the air

Thanks man!

That backpack looks great on Spidey. I plan on getting one as soon as I see ASM 2 parted out.

Yea I love the backpack look for this figure. It works perfectly for the time period in Spidey's life.

I love that Captain America:clap

Thanks man. I put a lot of effort into him with some help from my buddy CeeemOr on the mask and paint on the head. Sewed, dyed, painted, glued, etc. the rest myself.

Great ASM1 Pose. Makes me want that one too!

Awesome pics, marker! :clap

Same. Really want one now. :lol

Thanks a lot guys! This guy is completely worth it and I have zero regrets getting way back when he was first put out. He's an underrated figure so I'd definitely recommend him. Plus his look/costume is so unique that a Spider-Man like him won't ever come around again.

I added the backpack from the ASM2 figure on this guy. I think it works perfectly.

It does look good on him! Ang great pose, man! :D

Anyone have links, tips or location for RobbieThePainters methods of black washing this guy?

Hey, man! I hope you don't mind answering -- I'm no way as good as Robbie but I might be able to help as I did this on my TASM too prior to my making it battle-damaged, using tips from Robbie himself :)

To be safe, make a heavily diluted mixture of black acrylic on water. Apply with brush on the red part of the suit, while gently dabbing it with paper towel as you go along. Repeat until you get the desired darkness/deepness of the suit's color :)

Here's a review vid I did of Part 2 Spidey but in this vid I also show this one again with the weathering mods I did to the costume along with my Peter Parker bash I did using the Andrew head from this set.

Back