Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody want my spare ASM? Got them both from Timcent and the one I opened had no shoulder problems. However I did brace them when posing but everything seems solid. I'll put him up on the boards but PM me if interested. I can get him to you by Christmas if you're willing to pay the shipping. I paid $250 but I'll let him go for $190 since it's the holidays. Sorry mods.
That's a deal, would buy if I didn't have one already

Good luck

Jeff hearing that come from you says a lot! Who did you get yours from
And did you have shoulder instructions and or issues yet?

I got it direct from Hot Toys, and yes it had the shoulder instructions sheet, and as of yet no shoulder mishaps:pray:.

In the flesh its just a cool little Spidey figure, I love his scale and stature, and the poseability is far greater than I expected (still nothing compared to the classic Sam Raimi version though). My only gripe so far is how the suit tends to fold when you bend it in a more extreme pose, and that the crotch of the suit is a bit low slung for some poses. But I do love it!

I have 3 of them now. Allegedly from different batches. All exactly the same. No issues with any of them, apart from the now normal TT shoulders. As I said before this isn't new, just new to Spidey. Both Luke DX and Joker DX2.0 have weak shoulder joints.

I have 3 of them now. Allegedly from different batches. All exactly the same. No issues with any of them, apart from the now normal TT shoulders. As I said before this isn't new, just new to Spidey. Both Luke DX and Joker DX2.0 have weak shoulder joints.

Joker DX 2.0 is on a regular body... If you say the shoulder is weak on that... Then very body that comes after (or before) that utilise the regular body will be the same... let me run down the list Storm Shadow, Snake Eyes, Solid Snake, DX14 Joker, Mandarin, Joe Colton, Coulson... among others...

Shoulders of any make some will break.... I've a dozen Luke bodies another Dozen Sparrow.... have not broken one shoulder... I've hundreds of regular bodies, the only one that came with a broken shoulder was City Hunter Ryo.... Another not related was the gigantic Jake Sully...

Hi all not to be doubtful, but can someone tell me if the 2nd batch sent out
Would have issues with shoulders I'm getting one from tonycheung1963 but he says the one he has in stock is 2 nod batch but instructions are inside the box......any input or is it hit and miss?

I've heard conflicting things about the second set of instructions (about lifting the arm), some feel it is an indication that you have the shoulder issue, others have said it makes no difference

I'm gonna go with hit and miss

solid plan

Hi all,

Daron aka DGTWoodward passed away by a sudden heart attack on the eve of 19th Dec, here is a link to the thread started by his wife notifying us:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137918

I have been speaking with Sharon, (Mrs DGTWoodward) and she has been gracious and kind enough to let us as a community send a token of respect to herself and her family, not to mention Daron.

We (Dave and mods) have agreed that we are going to pay our respects to our friend Daron aka DGTWoodward by having a collection which I will organise to send flowers to the family on or before the funeral.
The date of the funeral is not known yet but we can do this and send our thoughts to not only Daron but also his wife and family.

So, if anyone would like to make a contribution or donate towards this, please send me a message and I will let you know the details. I am in the UK so will sort out flowers and things and will try include all usernames of those who donate, on the cards of the flowers/ items we send.

Hopefully we can pay our respects not only to a member of our community who we have sadly lost, but also another member - his wife who is also an avid collector, along with their family.

If you would like to take part, please pm me and I will send you my details.
Shell
x :1-1:

Last edited:
I've heard conflicting things about the second set of instructions (about lifting the arm), some feel it is an indication that you have the shoulder issue, others have said it makes no difference

I'm gonna go with hit and miss

solid plan

When you say conflicting details about 2nd set of instructions
Are you talking about the 2nd batch instructions sheet included with 2 me batch figures or another instruction sheet in addition to what is already
Inside the box?

When you say conflicting details about 2nd set of instructions
Are you talking about the 2nd batch instructions sheet included with 2 me batch figures or another instruction sheet in addition to what is already
Inside the box?

People said they had instructions in the 'first batch' that warned about lifting the arms above 80 degrees (could be 90, who knows)

they had broken shoulders

then people said they got one from the supposed second batch without the original instructions about lifting the arms, and they had no issues

so at this point it seemed that if you had the original instructions, it was an indicator that you may have faulty shoulders

but then i remember someone posting (could be Rorywan) to say that they had no shoulder problems and they did have the original instructions, or it could have been that they did have shoulder problems but their figure didn't have the orignal instructions (this wouldn't be Rory because he had no issues)

I can't remember exactly, I just recall some posts to say that there is no indicator and that it's essentially hit and miss

Hi all,

I have been speaking with Sharon, (Mrs DGTWoodward) and she has been gracious and kind enough to let us as a community send a token of respect to herself and her family, not to mention Daron.

We (Dave and mods) have agreed that we are going to pay our respects to our friend Daron aka DGTWoodward by having a collection which I will organise to send flowers to the family on or before the funeral.
The date of the funeral is not known yet but we can do this and send our thoughts to not only Daron but also his wife and family.

So, if anyone would like to make a contribution or donate towards this, please send me a message and I will let you know the details. I am in the UK so will sort out flowers and things and will try include all usernames of those who donate, on the cards of the flowers/ items we send.

Hopefully we can pay our respects not only to a member of our community who we have sadly lost, but also another member - his wife who is also an avid collector, along with their family.

If you would like to take part, please pm me and I will send you my details.
Shell
x :1-1:

ugghhh did I miss something...? DGTWoodward passed away..? So sorry to hear that

Hi all not to be doubtful, but can someone tell me if the 2nd batch sent out
Would have issues with shoulders I'm getting one from tonycheung1963 but he says the one he has in stock is 2 nod batch but instructions are inside the box......any input or is it hit and miss?

'Till most North Americans get theirs and report, I'd say it's a hit or miss.

I got the extra sheet, but no issues. :)

~

Deep condolences to our friend DGT. :(

Not to disrespect his memory, but I find this post of his quite tragic:

I already am old and grey....where does this leave me...?

bad.grandpa.-618x400.jpg

PS Mine still shows Dec 20th as my final Flex.

Just received my spidey. Finally!! :yess:

I'm happy to report that everything is fine with mine eventhough I have the shoulder warning sheet. Shoulders are perfectly fine, the level of stiffness feels like any other Hot Toys figure.

What a beautiful figure, if you're holding out because of the shoulders I'd say don't worry and go for it.

SixthScaleEdward, I am a bit bothered by that post of his, as well. Especially considering that my response to it was joking that he'd never see the figure. He seemed like a nice guy, but I never really knew him very well (just read his comments in this thread). My thoughts are with his family this Christmas.

SixthScaleEdward, I am a bit bothered by that post of his, as well. Especially considering that my response to it was joking that he'd never see the figure. He seemed like a nice guy, but I never really knew him very well (just read his comments in this thread). My thoughts are with his family this Christmas.

Wow. I remember reading that exchange between the both of you.

One never knows when it's their time.

Back