Hot Toys - MMS179 - The Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone worried they're gonna pull a Loki on us? Skipping this version and making the ASM2 version? D:

personally, the might as well if you ask me. i think the amazing Spiderman 2 comes out next year, therefore it would make some kind of sense to skip this and head for the ASM2 figure. This suit wasn't really to my liking any ways.

FOR ****S SAKE. THEY WON'T NOR SHOULD THEY CANCEL THIS.

IF THEY CAN MAKE 50 DIFFERENT IRON MANS AND A BUNCH DIFFERENT CAPS AND THORS THEY BETTER ****ING RELEASE BOTH VERSIONS OF THE ASM COSTUMES.

End of.

FOR ****S SAKE. THEY WON'T NOR SHOULD THEY CANCEL THIS.

IF THEY CAN MAKE 50 DIFFERENT IRON MANS AND A BUNCH DIFFERENT CAPS AND THORS THEY BETTER ****ING RELEASE BOTH VERSIONS OF THE ASM COSTUMES.

End of.

I'm sure HT still plan on releasing this figure, like someone mentioned, PO's have been accounted for. i agree with you on the 50 different IMs and CAPS that are getting pumped out by the hour from HT.

It would have been really cool to get a few variations of Raimi's Spiderman from HT. I mean, they could have given us, Peter's Ist costume, Venom figure or headsculpt and even a battle damaged Spiderman.

It's a numbered, announced release. It won't be cancelled.

But I'm sure many of us will just wait for this version:

amazing-spider-man-2-andrew-garfield.jpg

My favorite movie spidey design so far.

personally, the might as well if you ask me. i think the amazing Spiderman 2 comes out next year, therefore it would make some kind of sense to skip this and head for the ASM2 figure. This suit wasn't really to my liking any ways.

I really liked the first suit, it was unique and has it's appeal kinda like all the new armors for Iron Man.

In all seriousness, I don't understand why it would be so hard for Hot Toys to simple put out an announcement saying,

"It's delayed because of licensing issues, we're waiting for sign off on the likeness."

or

"We're more interested in fleecing the Iron Man Fanboys ATM (Hey, I am one OK!), so we'll get back to Spidey when we can!"

or

"My dog ate my home work, there was a fire, a car ploughed into my Granny, it's not my fault!!!!!"

Anything, even the feckin truth! But just acknowledge the fact he's late, give us a reason. We all want the figure, most of us will hold out and be incredibly happy with the end result when he comes. Just give us a little customer service guys.

I don't know WHY it's so difficult for Hot Toys to update us on stuff....but clearly keeping us up to date on their products is not in their business model.

In all seriousness, I don't understand why it would be so hard for Hot Toys to simple put out an announcement saying,

"It's delayed because of licensing issues, we're waiting for sign off on the likeness."

or

"We're more interested in fleecing the Iron Man Fanboys ATM (Hey, I am one OK!), so we'll get back to Spidey when we can!"

or

"My dog ate my home work, there was a fire, a car ploughed into my Granny, it's not my fault!!!!!"

Anything, even the feckin truth! But just acknowledge the fact he's late, give us a reason. We all want the figure, most of us will hold out and be incredibly happy with the end result when he comes. Just give us a little customer service guys.

100% agreed!
Not saying that HT is a terrible company with terrible products but their customer relations is so horrendous that it leaves a very bad taste in collectors mouths.

I too would like the figure to be released as others have said. That costume is unique and that is a major selling point that HT would be foolish to ignore.

I have no official knowledge. But it makes sense to me. If there were ever a license HT could have made more than Batman and IM combined, it would have been X-Men. And all we got was 2 wolverines.

Licencing/legal issues will be the most likely cause. I agree with you, marvel studios seem to be most relaxed than the other studios they always seem relaxed and down to earth. Hell not that long ago Sony got very defensive when it was suggested that the Spiderman licence might be sold back to Marvel, like selfish child defensive, we'll never ever ever let Spiderman go! Studios like this will ensure we will never see any cross over movies. I hope the films bomb personally so they can go back to a studio that gives a ****

Back