Hot Toys - MMS174 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Captain America Offical Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine today
557574_611238325559911_369151792_n.jpg

Hey guys quick question. I read some where here on the forums that this CA has QC issues with the star being chip or crooked. But didn't mention which star? Is it the one on chest? Or the one on the shields?

Hey guys quick question. I read some where here on the forums that this CA has QC issues with the star being chip or crooked. But didn't mention which star? Is it the one on chest? Or the one on the shields?

The chest from what I've read here. Luckily, I had no problem with mine. :dunno

Finally broke down and ordered him from SS. Hope he gets here soon, will throw up some pictures and video review when I get him in hand.

did they make a new body for this cap? i just noticed he looks scrawny compared to ca first avenger? or is it the clothes?

Fa used the tt19 body same as wolverine and thor etc. This one uses something like an advanced tt with pop on muscle plates. What little ive seen when adjusting his outfit he has the thigh plates and some kind of chest plate and im guessing bicep plates.

Some of these pictures make me want to revisit this figure, I literally got him and his star was a tiny bit crooked... so, I had planned on getting a replacement but it wasn't that bad... soooooo, I just put him in the display case and haven't really paid him much mind.

He is a cool figure but I wish he was a Tad shorter... I'm pretty sure he is about the same height as my Reeve Supes... which is not quite right.

M.

This is a really nice looking figure, but the price is a little tough for me to get around. It costs nearly or just as much as the latest DX's, and it's just too light in the accessory department for the money imo.
I'm still puzzled as to why they included that tacky alien weapon instead of the machine gun he actually uses in the film, which would have matched perfectly with his determined unmasked portrait.

This is a really nice looking figure, but the price is a little tough for me to get around. It costs nearly or just as much as the latest DX's, and it's just too light in the accessory department for the money imo.
I'm still puzzled as to why they included that tacky alien weapon instead of the machine gun he actually uses in the film, which would have matched perfectly with his determined unmasked portrait.

HT pricing is going up overall, with the Rogers sculpt and BD shield I can see the price. But I totally agree on the alien weapon, I would much rather have the carbine from the helicarrier. I'm thinking of seeking out a tactical carbine that fits the film well enough for my guy. Can't wait for Thursday!

I think ive settled on my steve rogers display and it lets me have both shields out:

htrogers_zpsb24d37a6.jpg

As for his price, considering im paying close to the same price for bane who has only a coat and shirt and broken bat mask id say two shields two heads and the gun are nice to make the price easier to accept. The alien gun makes sense for the scene where he cuts the chitauris arm off and takes it granted its quick but its there and its visually more interesting than a standard machine gun. One thing i liked about avengers was that he actively didnt use a gun anymore.

Latest posts

Back