Hot Toys - MMS169 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Nick Fury

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! I think I'm going to pass on Loki and Coulson. I don't have any villains (gotta limit myself somehow lol) and while Coulson is integral to all the films, he's not a character I grew up with like the rest of the Avengers I have...

You need Coulson....he is an Avenger!!!

You need Coulson....he is an Avenger!!!

No he's not. Fury isn't even an Avenger...

But I can justify Fury because he's kind of a big deal in the comics and has history with the Avengers. Coulson's history goes back to 2007 or 2008 and while he's a great film character, I have no connection to the character unlike, say, Hulk.

I think if you collect Hot Toys, you HAVE to limit yourself! Unless you're rich...

To be fair, if you have all the other Avengers, Coulson and Loki aren't too much of a stretch.
As long as you then take a little hiatus on buying.
In case you decide later you NEED them, i have a spare Loki and Coulson...
That's how dealers get you hooked, lol.

Thanks! I'll keep you in mind if I decide I want them. Well I already want them... I'll keep you in mind if I decide I can afford them :D :duff

I was hooked once I bought my first HT figure (XMO:W). It went downhill, or uphill depending on how you look at it, from there...

Thanks! I'll keep you in mind if I decide I want them. Well I already want them... I'll keep you in mind if I decide I can afford them :D :duff

I was hooked once I bought my first HT figure (XMO:W). It went downhill, or uphill depending on how you look at it, from there...

I know exactly how you feel.
I have went a bit bananas with my collecting this year.
I knew i wanted ALL the Avengers, and also decided to get IM I to VII.
But those are once in a lifetime purchases. Not something i would do every year.
I don't mind laying out a little more than i feel comfortable with when i know it will not be a regular occurrence.

I think if you collect Hot Toys, you HAVE to limit yourself! Unless you're rich...

Agreed 100%.

I missed out on both Hawkeye and Fury, but I'm not going to pay $500 for Hawkeye, and I don't even feel like paying $300+ for Fury, (I've looked a few times here and there but made no serious attempt to get him). I don't have a strong enough attachment to either character to pay that much higher than the standard price.

My Thor in my Avengers display with be the first Thor, as I'm basically getting him as a gift. My rule is one figure per character when it comes to the Marvel movie figures. I only have one Ironman (the shock of it all! :lol ), but one is all I need.

^agreed!!!
One per character, that's it! I think my wife would kill me if she saw more than one Iron man on my shelf lol
It's already hard enough to explain this hobby to her as it is lol

Well, I'm not much for p0tato chips, myself. :lol

I like Iron Man, but I'm not a hardcore enough fan to get several Iron Man figures and sink thousands of dollars into it. And even if I was a huge fan of the character, I still think I would get burnt out on him with the amount HT are releasing, and disgusted with the amount of money it would all add up to.

For Fury....if I never get him I'll be perfectly okay with that. I don't feel the need to worry about a "complete" collection, just one I'm happy with. I just can't justify paying that much over standard cost for him.

Well, I'm not much for p0tato chips, myself. :lol

I like Iron Man, but I'm not a hardcore enough fan to get several Iron Man figures and sink thousands of dollars into it. And even if I was a huge fan of the character, I still think I would get burnt out on him with the amount HT are releasing, and disgusted with the amount of money it would all add up to.

I'm with you.
I have MKI to MKVII but with the amount of suits in IM3 and HT supposedly looking to release a large percentage of them, I won't be getting any of the other IM3 suits.
None were unique enough to me to justify spending $250 on it.
If they had six new suits I would probably have gotten them all, lol.

I'm with you.
I have MKI to MKVII but with the amount of suits in IM3 and HT supposedly looking to release a large percentage of them, I won't be getting any of the other IM3 suits.
None were unique enough to me to justify spending $250 on it.
If they had six new suits I would probably have gotten them all, lol.

Same here I'm kinda done with IronmanView attachment 67627View attachment 67628

Back