Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@blackout : You can try to find long neck joint to fix up the problem, hope so.

@cadaver202 : your cap's shield look awesome. I hope i can fix mine to be as near as your paint job.

Mine was the same way. The neck plug isn't actually glued in. I just used some pliers and pulled the plug out. I then put the plug on the neck ball joint and put the head back on the plug to control the height. It's the easiest fix.

That looks really cool dude. I got that custom head, too. However it seems like the hole for the neck peg is way too far into the head, making mine's neck look embarassingly short. Is yours like this, and did you do anything to correct it? Or did I receive a defective one?

My seller told me theyre all that way but you know how ebay can be so I wanted to confirm. If theyre lying I'd appreciate a picture of the inside to show to them, otherwise ill just deal with it.

Thanks man! Here's a closer look at it. I did it like 2 years ago. I didn't like the clean shield because he never had one at any point in TFA.

2331f2c7a800409f52f5b19008a7bce2_zps4aa1e62e.jpg

Last edited:
Mine was the same way. The neck plug isn't actually glued in. I just used some pliers and pulled the plug out. I then put the plug on the neck ball joint and put the head back on the plug to control the height. It's the easiest fix.

Thanks man! Here's a closer look at it. I did it like 2 years ago. I didn't like the clean shield because he never had one at any point in TFA.

2331f2c7a800409f52f5b19008a7bce2_zps4aa1e62e.jpg

Cool. My shield had deteriorated so badly that I couldnt even turn it into a good looking battle damaged shield, so instead I took all the color off and turned it into a prototype shield. Wish I'd read the forum more often and learned to coat it before it went to crap, but the protoshield is cool too.

Just got an avengers cap and both shields are pristine, dnt even want to touch them. Knew about the clear coating but didnt know how to go about taping off the back. Glad to see just putting it on a can works just fine :lol

Glad I could be of help to you! :hi5

I love it when that happens!

They are actually 2 pairs of boots put together. They are the tops off the bane style boots and some German boots for the height.

I was rummaging through my bits bin and I have three pair of these from when I was customizing boots for Bane. Looks like they shall be repurposed. :lol

Last edited:
Back