Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They all said i was crazy when i told them i wanted a T-rex so i could ride it down the high street wearing a tiara.
Well who's the crazy one now?!?!?!?!?
Muhahahahah, etc.
Hey TRex's are awesome, I just got a Papo for $16 and it kicks ***!

attachment.php

Courtesy Cngjl1986

How the bloody hell do people get that shield so perfectly straight on his back?? It never looks good for me with that plastic clip thing. Nice job :clap

Yes the paint flakes off all of em eventually.

Yes you should coat it with Tamiya clear coat.

Don't people coat them to stop flaking of the paint

say does the paint come off the shield regardless of whether or not you displayed it

I think everyone is waiting to see if that is the case as well, haha. Tamiya-79 dulls down the shine and supposedly stops the flaking, but we'll have to see if it still does so underneath the coating via cracks and chips. I have both of mine coated so I'm one of the test subjects in the experiment.

Does tamiya-79 can prevent more paint flaking? Any others suggestion instead of tamiya-79? Thx.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can use any gloss-semigloss sealant for plastics. Depends on the shine you would like. Tamiya is very reputable for models/kits and is a good chemical mix for coating and protecting plastics and paint. You can get testors, Krylon, Rust-o-leium, but just make certain it is safe for plastics else it will damage the shield.

You can use any gloss-semigloss sealant for plastics. Depends on the shine you would like. Tamiya is very reputable for models/kits and is a good chemical mix for coating and protecting plastics and paint. You can get testors, Krylon, Rust-o-leium, but just make certain it is safe for plastics else it will damage the shield.

good advice

Nice man! I dunno if it's the lighting or not but the shield doesn't look as shiny as usual. Did you spray it at all or is it just the lighting? Anyway, fantastic pics.

Definitely looks like a coating of some sort.

Thanks bro. I actually sprayed my shield with
Tamiya semi-gloss coat to give it a more realistic look and also prevent it from flaking. Here's my tutorial

https://youtu.be/cFDLdRphz_4

Back