Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If getting both is not an option then this is quite a pickle. Normally one'd just say, "Buy the one that's out and flip it if needed when the other version comes out"... but if they are both released within a relatively short space of time there's no saying that in the short term you'll break even with shipping costs added. I'd still be inclined to get this one now and 'see what happens' when Avengers Cap is out :)

Yeah, I know what you mean. I would get both, but I'd rather have just one Captain America in my collection. Ultimately, I'll probably end up going with Avengers Cap.

I don't think the shield will be as cool as next version ... not as shiny new like this one ...

I thought I remembered from some of earlier pictures that his shield had bullet scratches (paint) on the shield. Now it looks like they're gone, but I believe I would have preferred them.

They actually used "candy apple" paint on the real shield but since it was aluminum underneath, it doesn't come off of as shiny as when you put shiny paint on plastic. It doesn't bother me much, but if I could change one thing, it'd be to put a little more dullness to the shield. I'm sure somebody'll find some sort of fix.

Clean shield is lame. Would've wanted battle-worn.

And no I cannot wear it down myself. Don't be ridiculous.

They actually used "candy apple" paint on the real shield but since it was aluminum underneath, it doesn't come off of as shiny as when you put shiny paint on plastic. It doesn't bother me much, but if I could change one thing, it'd be to put a little more dullness to the shield. I'm sure somebody'll find some sort of fix.

Testor Dulcote.

Back