Hot Toys - MMS113 - Blade II - 1/6th scale BLADE Ltd Ed spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not the photo skills. The quality of the prototype in the front page is due in part to it being a one-off of its type painted exclusively by HT's wunderkind painter JC Hong. One should expect that the final quality of the mass produced figure wouldn't look 100% the same.

Apparently, that's what you expected, though I don't understand the foundation of which you built those expectations. In my opinion, there has never been a final HT figure that looks exactly like the prototype in official pics. Not one. Some come very close, but usually there's a variable factor affecting that, like Joker's make-up. Wolverine also comes close.

HT's paint apps are still miles ahead of almost anyone else in this scale, though some companies are inching up closer and closer. If Blade isn't one of their best, then show me one that does better (compared to its own proto, of course).

Why I expected this?

Three words, Enterbay Jack Bauer!

Some crazy talk going here I see!

Every other Blade figure that's been posted is flippen aweful looking.

I think we should ignore posts that question the Hot Toys figure likeness and relogate those comments to the baloney pile.

So because it's HT, it's got to be perfect? Once again, not saying it is a bad figure, just a big let down. No need to become angry about that! I just think everyone is entitled to is own opinion and what's the point of a forum where everyone would be of the same mind?

Isn't that supposed to be the basis of dicussion?

I don't see why those who don't think this figure is stellar shouldn't be allowed to say so. HT is a great company, it has produced outstanding figures and will probably continue to do so, but once in a while, a fail is bound to happen. This is one, you don't have to share my opinion, it's still a good figure, it's not just great! Period!
No need to fight about this!
I am lucky to have been collecting figs for about all my life (from the first 12" vintage GI Joes -called Action Joe in France- to Enterbay). I have three Blades. Toy Biz, Triads (more an interpretation of the chracter than anything else - was sold as "Raze") and HT. Those last three years, figs have improved enormously. If I'd been given this Blade 4 years ago, I would have been awed. According to today standards, the accessories match but the head just doesn't cut it. That's the way I see it! Now the Toy Biz sucks too according to today's standards, but it's still Snipes' best likeness ,probably because of the way it was made. I'm sure that if anyone was able to recast and modernize that HS, we would all agree about it. And in all fairness, even the Snipes HT released as a soldier a few years back was better than this sculpt!

Now, I'm pretty sure we all see things differently and that this is all due to some tricks of the mind. I myself am an amateur sculptor. I know that I will never reach HT's talent, not because of a lack of skill, but because I think we all see 3D images in a different way.
In another topic, someone noted this was probably when you come across somebody in the street and say "don't you think he looks like X" and the person next to you fails to see it is the result of that.

So I guess this is the reason why this fig appeals to some and not to others. A human sculptor is not a machine. Here, Young managed to capture the essence of the character, but because the human mind essentially interprets what he sees, he botched on some details, making a perfect Snipes from the sides and 3/4, but completely off from the front. These are the limits of the human mind... and because we interpret theresult as we see it, some of us compile the details and see a perfect Blade when to others, it's what's wrong that we see first....

No one is getting angry we just think you are wrong! :D ;)

I think you are fixated on the original prototype pics where I agree though still a good sculpt, is not that accurate.
But the final head sculpt is flippen amazing if you ask me and I can for the life of me figure out where you are coming from at all.
I'm an artist by trade and have been collecting non stop since the age of nine and I think you are mad!! :D

I say this is playful way mon ami! :)

Wow, didn't mean to stir up so much trouble here. HT's sculpt has a better paintjob but an inferior sculpt. If someone would send Josh or Darkartist or anyone of our inhouse customizers/painters a Toybiz sculpt to repaint, I am sure it would be superior to the HT sculpt. The gear on the HT figure is still top notch and the best we will probably get. I am just saying a repainted Toy Biz head with the HT body/gear would be the ideal Blade figure.

I am not a HT hater, hell, I brought 2 HT Blade figures myself. One to display in it original form, and one to display with Toybiz head. I will take pics when I have some time.

The true test would be to put the Toybiz and HT heads onto the same body/gear and find someone who knows what Snipes looks like but has no interest in figures, and ask them which one looks more like Snipes. I will do this test with my wife who doesn't give a rat's ass about figures and seek her unbias opinion. Will report back with pics and wife's opinion.

Wow some of you desperately need a damn life. Its exhausting to read such energy and detail into such a pointless debate.

Its a ____ing toy.

This place reminds me of He-Man.org at times. :rolleyes:

Shai is totally entitled to his wrong opinion (this is me being extremely reductive :lol )

Regardless, Blade is the best figure of this year so far. I can prove it with a bullet proof scientific rubric.

4346974747_78bc40b02b_b.jpg

nice figure indeed!

IMG_0308abc.jpg

IMG_0313ab1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

credits to Mirak of the Collectiblez board

As dated as this guy is it's still one of my favorites. I'm sure I'll love the HT version too. Funny how his hair looks like a helmet.
2s5zg1x.jpg

Back