Hot Toys - MMS113 - Blade II - 1/6th scale BLADE Ltd Ed spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
review_bladeii_1.jpg

Hot Toys sculpt is way better i would say.

This Toy Biz one looks like a cross between Snipes and Tupac.

:monkey3:monkey3 I own both and I also think the ToyBiz Blade headsculpt has a better likeness. It just has a horrible paintjob and no texture.:monkey3:monkey3

You can kill me now...

Dude seriously :confused: his head looks like its been hit by a truck, then someone done bad surgery with a wooden spoon on him :monkey1

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

:monkey3:monkey3 I own both and I also think the ToyBiz Blade headsculpt has a better likeness. It just has a horrible paintjob and no texture.:monkey3:monkey3

You can kill me now...

Kill him!!!!

What are these people smoking? Hot Toys dominated that sculpt!

heres my blade group pic of this years hot toys and its only march sheesh and i got kamui and MJ thriller too

5vdmxj.jpg

I think Hot Toys really dropped the ball on the likeness here. I have the Hot Toys headsculpt and the Toy Biz headscuplt, and the Toy Biz one wins hands down in the likeness department. The paint is not as nice as HT, but the Toy Biz likeness is fantastic. I am not sure if it is true, but I have heard that the Toy Biz head was created from a 3-D scan of Snipes' head.

The best Blade figure for me is the Toy Biz head on the HT body/gear.

facepalm_implied.jpg

i agree with duckgoo. he's right about the 3D scan of snipes - that's how toybiz got the likeness down. it's a better likeness, but suffers from inferior paint. keep in mind the toybiz blade came out in the 90's. and it was $35-$40. i love the HT blade, but as nice as the head sculpt is, it's not as accurate as toybiz'. 3D scans don't lie.

alright, i guess you can kill me now too.:rotfl

Chaserfan :mwaha good stuff

Anyways, here's my humble contribution...(sorry not the best picture takerer :eek:)

063.jpg

065.jpg

And with the rest of the family...

070.jpg

No, The ToyBiz sculpt probably does have a more accurate likeness, but it should, because the sculpt was produced from a laser scan of Snipes' head. But even then I don't think it even does a perfect job at capturing Snipes.

The Toybiz figure was released in 2003, I believe.

I think this arguement is moot, because really, at the end of the day, would anyone rather have the Toybiz head over the Hot Toys head? Seriously?

funny you mention, just sold it, like a few days ago. I had it and it was great but like you said, no need for 2 Blades....

Alot of people coming out of the woodwork to show their ignorance and arrogance. People I've never seen in this thread before. Bunch of witless bandwagon jumpers and deck stackers.

It's not a matter of comparing a $40 mass produced and painted figure from nearly a decade ago with a high end companies limited edition collectors item of $160. Nor is it conveniently using an amateur photographers picture and comparing it to a professional shot portrait. No, the comparison boils down to comparing a sculpt, to the man himself and seeing where the similarities or differences are.

oavfc1.jpg

2hwl2k8.jpg

Quite right. I just used the ones on their site. They ought to update their site. Maybe they're using a mix. I didn't look that closely. I just wanted pics that were roughly the same angles as the pics of Snipes.

I just ordered Blade from a local seller here in Aus. I look forward to receiving it soon. I've been looking forward to this since the thread started, the in hand pics look awesome.

the HT blade sunglasses is to big just changed it and it looks more like snipes here ya go check it out awyeah highly recomend this figure frkn bad a ss

nq8b4z.jpg

r2j5l0.jpg

5n7itj.jpg

Last edited:
It's odd that Hot Toys hasn't replaced the old prototype photos with any updated shots of the reworked (final) head. They did it for Marcus Wright and Sarah Connor when those were re-sculpted, but the Blade pics always stayed the same.

THe only pic from HT that illustrates the final head was this one:
blade-backstage.jpg

I just ordered Blade from a local seller here in Aus. I look forward to receiving it soon. I've been looking forward to this since the thread started, the in hand pics look awesome.
Who from and how much, if you don't mind me asking Capt. I got mine for A$170 shipped from Hong Kong. Just interested in seeing if there's some place local that's competitively priced.

Good follow up on that discrepancy plasmid. It's no wonder me and my money are easily parted. :lol

Alot of people coming out of the woodwork to show their ignorance and arrogance. People I've never seen in this thread before. Bunch of witless bandwagon jumpers and deck stackers.

It's not a matter of comparing a $40 mass produced and painted figure from nearly a decade ago with a high end companies limited edition collectors item of $160. Nor is it conveniently using an amateur photographers picture and comparing it to a professional shot portrait. No, the comparison boils down to comparing a sculpt, to the man himself and seeing where the similarities or differences are.

oavfc1.jpg

2hwl2k8.jpg

Hottoys still wins here too...

Back