Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone think that HT may be as shortsighted as to give Rey the terrible Gamora female rubber arms? I know they are covered and hopefully have Black Widow double jointed arms but hey gotta ask the question lol

They are jointed you can see them in a couple pictures.

I really want to like this but the face just feels a little off for me... I might wait a bit to see the in hand reviews

They should of made an exclusive with luke's lightsaber.

You're telling me with all the Luke figures out that come with hilt and lit lightsabers you don't have an extra one for her? LAWL I THINK UR DOIN IT WRNG U RNT TRYNG HARD ENUOGH BUY MORE TOYS PLZ THEN CME BACK N TRY AGN

They are jointed you can see them in a couple pictures.

That's what I thought I just wasn't 100% sure lol. But now that you mention it some of the pictures from Toy Soul have her holding her blaster pointing up with a pretty tight bend so your right it must be, thanks! I really like Rey now that I saw the movie and to me she is the premiere one to get. And like everyone else wish she came/comes with the saber. Def leaning towards PO :D

I agree about the face. It looks close, but something is slightly off and I can't tell what it is. The boobs are definitely too big though.

I think I'm going to have to purchase a second Rey figure. I want both were goggled Scavenger look (which I'd pose with BB-8 even though she didn't wear the goggles around him) and a final duel Rey with lightsaber.

10441437_10153221562292344_8664750056955948636_n.jpg

anyone else thinks the face is off?

Yep, thought this from day one. For me I'm definitely waiting for HT's 2nd pass at this figure, we can probably expect a version with Jedi wear and improved HS for a future film.

The face has always had an old school Tomb Raider artwork vibe to me, but ehhh, I think the figure is great overall. Looking forward to getting it.

I don't own any hot toys figures because for the price they can often look like dolls and I am more of a statue guy, but I am considering this one.

The face is the main selling point for me. It's eerily realistic even if there is a bit of a dead stare. additionally, the clothing works without looking too bulky and with excessive seams like is often the case with scaled down clothing.

Consider me an outsider but this figure displays well to my novice eyes. Doesn't look like a toy. I would have only considered troopers and the like before (no face and no cloth).

I really think I'm gonna dunk my RPs on her; it should take her down to a palatable price. I worry a bit about the arms, as I don't want them to be rubber. That being said with how bent her arm is in some shots I highly doubt they are.

But she stole the film. Daisy was an excellent choice for a protagonist. I feel slightly terrible buying a TFA figure before any OT ones, but this one captured me way more than the Boba Fett I was going to use RPs on.

Not seeing anything wrong with the face or neck. It looks just like her to me.

Only thing I'd say is the paint may seem off for some, but overall I think it really looks damn close to perfect so I'm not complaining.

I'm just surprised that she'd win me over so quickly. I was expecting to PO'ing Kylo Ren first but after watching the film, Rey instantly became my favorite, enough that I wouldn't even mind double dipping if Hot Toys were to make a second version with a snow-themed base and a lightsaber. Admittedly I'd still be up for Kylo Ren, but only if HT delivers one with an unmasked head.

Okay that looks incredible. Will hold off on pre-ordering and wait until it ships. Nothing sells out anymore these days but a instant purchase upon arrival and shipping day from Sideshow.

Back