Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 489417
Need to finish this custom one of these days..kind of forget about this figure from time to time. Don't know what I'm going to do with it really, just thought it was a cool look.
This is a knock off head on a Pepper Potts body, btw.

Hmm.

Does the KO head come with rooted hair? And would a normal TT body work instead of Pepper Potts?

Received this set from Legacy Comics. They still have two in stock for retail. Looks like it's finally sold out most other places and going up in price on the aftermarket. I have them mixed in with some other collectibles until I reorganize my cabinets.

IMG_4949.jpg

Received this set from Legacy Comics. They still have two in stock for retail. Looks like it's finally sold out most other places and going up in price on the aftermarket. I have them mixed in with some other collectibles until I reorganize my cabinets.

View attachment 489883

Looks good. I was having a look at it. Unfortunately, the tax from the US is gonna kill me.

View attachment 489883

Figure looks good, nice grab. If I may ask, how's Legacy Comics? I've browsed their site some time ago, but was just curious about them. Did thay double box it when they sent it to you?

Looks good. I was having a look at it. Unfortunately, the tax from the US is gonna kill me.

I always forget about that, ordering from a state without sales tax.

Figure looks good, nice grab. If I may ask, how's Legacy Comics? I've browsed their site some time ago, but was just curious about them. Did thay double box it when they sent it to you?

It was my first time ordering from them. They shipped the item quickly; it was at USPS the day after I ordered. Arrived within the week. No double-boxing, they just used the brown shipper. They had opened the brown shipper to place a receipt in it though the figure itself was unopened.

I'd say they're worth ordering from if no one else is carrying the item, otherwise there are cheaper alternatives. One thing that irritates me is when retailers raise the price on items once they become harder to find. Legacy Comics doesn't appear to do that.

It was my first time ordering from them. They shipped the item quickly; it was at USPS the day after I ordered. Arrived within the week. No double-boxing, they just used the brown shipper. They had opened the brown shipper to place a receipt in it though the figure itself was unopened.

I'd say they're worth ordering from if no one else is carrying the item, otherwise there are cheaper alternatives. One thing that irritates me is when retailers raise the price on items once they become harder to find. Legacy Comics doesn't appear to do that.

Thank you for sharing your experience! I may be inclined to order from them later on.

It is nice to have them as a back up, when trying to find something more rare.

I've only seen a few scenes from TFA, TLJ, and ROS, and I think Rey is cool. But man, I stumbled upon a very decent deal for a single pack Rey and decided to nab it. I think the head sculpt looks pretty good and does capture the actress's likeness. I think I felt compelled for it since I'm looking to adding more heroines to the collection.

Last edited:
I've only seen a few scenes from TFA, TLJ, and ROTS, and I think Rey is cool. But man, I stumbled upon a very decent deal for a single pack Rey and decided to nab it. I think the head sculpt looks pretty good and does capture the actress's likeness. I think I felt compelled for it since I'm looking to adding more heroines to the collection.

I saw your name and thought I was in the Captain Marvel thread.

:lol Well I like other things besides Captain Marvel!

Your enthusiasm for Captain Marvel is quite legendary at this point.

But I’m a fan of heroines as well, so you’ve certainly chosen a good theme for your collection.

While you’re here, if you hadn’t already considered it, I’d recommend the Return of the Jedi Leia (MMS549).

She’s still readily available in the two pack with Wicket (MMS551), but her single release is starting to sell out in most places.

I've only seen a few scenes from TFA, TLJ, and ROTS, and I think Rey is cool. But man, I stumbled upon a very decent deal for a single pack Rey and decided to nab it. I think the head sculpt looks pretty good and does capture the actress's likeness. I think I felt compelled for it since I'm looking to adding more heroines to the collection.

I agree about the sculpt, looks really good in hand. Just unfortunate it doesn't photograph that well.

Your enthusiasm for Captain Marvel is quite legendary at this point.

Aww, thanks!!!
tXkKYen.gif
tXkKYen.gif
tXkKYen.gif
I'm honored :monkey3

But I?m a fan of heroines as well, so you?ve certainly chosen a good theme for your collection.

While you?re here, if you hadn?t already considered it, I?d recommend the Return of the Jedi Leia (MMS549).

She?s still readily available in the two pack with Wicket (MMS551), but her single release is starting to sell out in most places.

Yeah I'm also considering that Leia as well, I was impressed with the reviews and photos of her. The Bespin Gown Leia also looks pretty darn good and regal, and she still seems available for now lol

I agree about the sculpt, looks really good in hand. Just unfortunate it doesn't photograph that well.

Agreed! Well I've seen some pretty good photos of the figure while browsing this thread but I get where you're coming from, in some instances some figures appear much, much better in hand.

It is a very nice figure. Lots of options, the full Scavenger gear is sweet. Went with a different Rey myself, I just want a single BB-8 figure to complete the pair.

Has anyone been able to determine what the body originally used on this figure is?

I'm looking to get it for a custom project, but if other skin tones etc. are available, I'd love to take a peek.

Great pic! This was such a good release. I was lucky to nab it for $180 new on Amazon at the time. In retrospect, I kinda wish I had bought two so I could have one in full scavenger gear with the mask

Great pic! This was such a good release. I was lucky to nab it for $180 new on Amazon at the time. In retrospect, I kinda wish I had bought two so I could have one in full scavenger gear with the mask

Back when she was originally released, I ended up picking up an extra head sculpt with scavenger gear so that I could swap them out and not worry about damaging the original sculpt.

Awesome pic, QuiGon! :clap

It's a great way to mix it up, and more easily. Have the "scavenger" (think Ren or Snoke) look displayed now.

Back when she was originally released, I ended up picking up an extra head sculpt with scavenger gear so that I could swap them out and not worry about damaging the original sculpt.

^^^^ This! I grabbed one of those knockoffs and extra head gear for that. Just switched it out the other day. It's like a Star Wars "Power of Costume" display.

Back