Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Finn 1/6th Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Correct...

xlmtz6p2gqhwuulf4lly.jpg

Seems John is a Hot Toys collector, but not showing any Star Wars figures so far
fa1a67eaa08900b77ef953d9d0c79278.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Finally did the ankle mod on my Finn figure. I thought that Hot Toys added longer extensions to their standard legs but as far as I can tell they only used clear plastic instead of flesh colored. Unless they made a new body for Finn or used something like Farmboy Luke's body, I don't see how they could have made him shorter. All of the legs for that body type have that little ball joint piece at the end.

I ended up swapping the lower legs with another TrueType and then dremeled down the ankle pegs. I had to glue them in place or his feet would come off with any posing. It really does make a difference when posed with Rey. Just a shame collectors have to resort to modding when Hot Toys could tweak things here and there and produce an even more accurate figure.

Looking to get his head to add to a Stormtrooper I've already got. First time buying a head, from eBay too. Should I buy a head from a Asian seller or pay more for a head taken from an actual set?

was debating it but people say the figure is s***... :dunno :huh Maybe it has potential to drop even more? I probably wouldn't mind the wait since I'm still waiting for Poe.

Definitely not a crappy figure if that's what some are saying, dw. If you're considering it and can snag it with a discount it'd be worth it. After the ankle mod he's great.

IMG_7232.JPG

I bought Finn with the discount as well. Coincidentally I was debating on the figure this past week. So with the extra discounts I figured I'd go for it.

Definitely not a crappy figure if that's what some are saying, dw. If you're considering it and can snag it with a discount it'd be worth it. After the ankle mod he's great.

View attachment 306392

What was the ankle mod? Did it have something to do with his height? I definitely do want the trio of Rey, Finn, and Poe. Someone had posted a review by a guy who burned the figure (obviously a different one, but he gave it a poor score due to lack of accessories, different color shirt, and I forgot what else). But I thought the $175 was not bad compared to the $250 that guy supposedly paid for his. How did you add that snow on top of the base?

My preliminary idea for him is to hold the jacket instead of wearing it and carry a stormtrooper blaster. Or maybe work in the titanium helmet.

Back