1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Star Wars: Episode II AOTC - Jango Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just fill the hollow innards of the figure bodies with cement if more weight makes them feel more premium. Job done.

I’m pretty much anti-diecast unless it has a functional purpose.
Droids and greivous would probably benefit from some in the legs and feet to keep them stable and I guess swords, Cap’s shield and Mjolnir are more fun when real metal. So long as the weight doesn’t hinder the figure’s ability to hold an object it’s ok but still mostly unnecessary and a total ploy to increase prices.

Last edited:
What can i say about this guy that others have not already said?

Nice headsculpt, and its in the box. I may put it on someone else later. Right now i am basking in the reflected light of that helmet. And you know hes got that poncho on. Stand has fixed upright.

Shelf presence to the nth degree and i regret nothing.

In all seriousness, I prefer plastic. Sharper details and (in the case of Jango) the weight would throw off the balance for posing. I would see attaching the diecast to the pleather vest and suit as problematic. It’s good to have in those Iron Man figures (and similar), but even they use plastic for the more detailed parts. No matter how you explain it, it seems to come down to personal preference, but diecast just isn’t practical to certain applications.

I agree, plastic is absolutely the best. It’s the material most likely to outlast us all.

And I’m not being dismissive or derisive when I say diecast is a gimmick. It is in objective terms a gimmick, particularly in the marketing sense.

It has no real advantage over plastic aside from feeling heavier, lending a more premium feel that collectibles companies can charge more for.

And I think I have seen at least one report of almost every diecast Iron Man or War Machine figure flaking or having paint issues. It’s not widespread on many but it’s still a concern. I don’t want that with Star Wars figures. Plastic all the way.

In fact I wish more parts were plastic like belts, pouches, holsters, and boots. They can replicate the look of leather with plastic parts and it’ll last near forever.

Last edited:
Definitely gonna be a figure of the year contender for many. I’ll be throwing this Poncho of my Sideshow version. It’s too good.

F39D1214-06AA-44D8-BC1B-217C6DEBEDCF.jpeg

yeah got ole Jango in today. great figure. I costumed the old sideshow head took off the communicator helmet and sculpted the forehead and sculpted him some hair on the back of the head and also gave the sculpt some ears. take a photo of the head tomorrow.

Back