1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Star Wars: Episode II AOTC - Jango Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am really happy we ended up getting it after almost 3 years, but with all the troopers variants, I wish we could get both jumpsuits.
I really do not think that is just a matter of lightning.
Hasbro and Medicom made both colors with both jet packs, I wish we could have got an exclu with the blue jumpsuit as well.

I remember the very first time I saw this character (I don’t watch trailers or read up on movies prior to release) was at TOYS R US with the AOTC preview figures. My first thought was “WOW their really milking the Boba Fett design”. Look at where we are now….

swpreviewjangofettcardfront.jpg

Love the fact we’re getting this. Can’t wait to get him and the proportions look great. The only thing that bothers me or should I say “minor nitpick” is the matte visor.

To be fair to HT a 2022 release makes Jango a 20th Anniversary release figure, and I now feel really old as I'll be 50 that year[emoji33]

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I remember the very first time I saw this character (I don’t watch trailers or read up on movies prior to release) was at TOYS R US with the AOTC preview figures. My first thought was “WOW their really milking the Boba Fett design”. Look at where we are now….

View attachment 497901

Didn't love the movie but I loved everything Hasbro did with Jango back then.

The 12" figure (the one with the cloth jumpsuit) still holds up well today, with a quite decent-likeness headsculpt that is the correct size for 1/6 heads today (most Hasbro heads were much too big, Dooku and Jango were great likenesses and the right size.)

We have an issue with the Hot Toys Jango. The neck should not be visible when the helmet is on, he should be wearing a balaclava underneath, something I can’t see the figure has. Anyone think they’ll fix that?

We have an issue with the Hot Toys Jango. The neck should not be visible when the helmet is on, he should be wearing a balaclava underneath, something I can?t see the figure has. Anyone think they?ll fix that?

Can only send them an email and hope the design team acknowledge it.

It looks like there was some sort of leather seal around the bottom inside the helmet. They could easily add that.

ffa31e43cb1745cda60e375801469a6c.png

d18f6df77d9f597081524f67116ed33e.png

894dd3738dffb1e4b2479d1cc86cef26.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ill buy it..but I got 2 years to purchase it. haa

I was thinking about the same, I preordered Snowspeeder Luke, though I'm waiting on Lando, this, and some others. Besides being able to get it sooner, what other reasons are there for pre-ordering so far in advance? I'm guessing it will not be a problem getting them at the same retail price after release?

I was thinking about the same, I preordered Snowspeeder Luke, though I'm waiting on Lando, this, and some others. Besides being able to get it sooner, what other reasons are there for pre-ordering so far in advance? I'm guessing it will not be a problem getting them at the same retail price after release?

Now a days, this is generally true. During the height of Avengers 1 through CW, some figures (not just Marvel), would sell out their PO through SSC months before HK release. I can?t even remember the last time that happened.

Besides being able to get it sooner, what other reasons are there for pre-ordering so far in advance? I'm guessing it will not be a problem getting them at the same retail price after release?

Depends who you order with I suppose. I order quite a bit from Popcultcha because the first 30 days of preorders have a 10% discount and I've racked up a lot of rewards so I usually get another 10% off on top of that (for me its $250 incl shipping and taxes for Jango). But yeah if your usual retailer isn't giving you a decent discount for preordering early then might as well wait.

Does HT not make numbers based on pre-order though? So if a figure has low pre-orders, HT wont make as many and if that is the case wouldn't they then perceive that particular character/line not as popular and not go deeper down that line in the future?

I'm just spit-balling ideas as to how we pre-order might affect HT's future decisions.

Well. I?ve preordered two of these bad boys. Just love jangos look.
Going to have one helmeted and flying and one with dooku

Does HT not make numbers based on pre-order though? So if a figure has low pre-orders, HT wont make as many and if that is the case wouldn't they then perceive that particular character/line not as popular and not go deeper down that line in the future?

I'm just spit-balling ideas as to how we pre-order might affect HT's future decisions.

That's exactly how it works.

It's no different to if you were making a custom run here on the threads. You get 50 pre-orders, you see high interest, I'll check the interest for another one. You get 3 pre-orders and you think, well, not going to do any more of that type of figure.

Popcultcha customers!

Is it possible for a non-Australian citizen like me to pay in installments? Saw on their pre-order description for this figure that you could divide it into four separate payments, not sure if we foreigners are allowed to use that option though.

Popcultcha customers!

Is it possible for a non-Australian citizen like me to pay in installments? Saw on their pre-order description for this figure that you could divide it into four separate payments, not sure if we foreigners are allowed to use that option though.

Wont shipping be expensive internationally from Australia? As well as customs/import fees.

Popcultcha customers!

The TOS is very clear. You must reside in Australia and have an Australian card.

https://popcultcha.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003911923-Afterpay

I'm personally not onboard with buying from Hong Kong so my experience is limited, but Toys Wonderland seems to offer payment plans. Though honestly I'm sure any of the Hong Kong sellers would take your payments installments if you asked.

https://toyswonderland.com/pages/how-it-works

But I'm not sure what advantage there would be to you versus pre-ording the figure with or without a deposit and just putting your money into a savings account monthly.

Back