Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS - Link for waitlist in opening post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS BUY NOW - Link on page 257

Nobody is defending an expensive piece. I'm sure all of us would love to have a somewhat limited Hot Toys Iron Man for $150. Hell, why not $98 dollars?

Then, they can stop paying the designers, sculptors, factory workers, and managers. Why pay them well to make quality things?

Inflation is a thing, yes. Toys have gone up a lot int he last few years for various reasons, but in the end it's a luxury that you do not need.

Period.

If you don't want to pay another $100, don't pay it. Spend your money elsewhere.

And all the people complaining about Iron Man this and repaint that... how do you think they finance these tiny properties like Captain Harlock, or some random low budget figure? That big daddy Iron Man money. Awwwww right.

Capitalism. Hot Toys didn't sucker anybody. You suckered yourself haha.
How's that saying go? There is a difference in being able to buy something, and being able to afford it.

You picked a fight over my complaining about the current European price and talked about a $20-30 shipping cost, which was not even remotely close to the real figure.
..now you want to move the goal posts to manufacturing costs?

I'm happy('ish) paying £250.. because I can afford it.. and because (as I mentioned in an earlier post) it's the sterling equivalent of the dollar figure, is what is expected for the retail price in the UK (due to taxes and shipping).

I have also specifically argued against claims that HT can retail figures for (in your example) $98 and make a profit.. in other threads on this forum.. and no, I wasn't 'suckered'.. I didn't pay the European retail price, I waited and bought from Sideshow.

.. and you are still way off the money, quoting '$100' .. the difference is approx $409

I do not support HT subsidising niche figures like 'Captain Harlock', through IM purchases.. those who want 'niche' should pay custom figure prices (which are even higher than HT's) or kitbash and buy custom head sculpts, that is how the 'market' is supposed to work.

..or are you proposing a Marxist system where IM fans help pay for someone else's figure development, because they can't afford to (but are happy to complain about the number of IM releases)?

Where would you like to move the goalposts next? :lol :1-1:

----
Edit - I can haz fail at napkin math.. that should be $309.. not $409! *embarrassed*

Last edited:

I hardly post here anymore. I come for news and pics, but the internet arguments got old. The madness that goes on in every thread is too much. And the bullies here who think they have more rights than people with fewer posts are pathetic.

I'm glad SSC finally put this up. Darklord Daves review made me even more stoked about getting this. Especially knowing there are several different shades of gold.

If Hot Toys does a low production run - people complain there isn't enough to go around for "people who really want it."

If Hot Toys makes too much of this figure to go around [even though everyone who wanted one can now get one] - people complain it's not Limited Edition.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Then there are those collectors who actually... **pause** BUY A FIGURE BECAUSE THEY LIKE IT!? **GASP!** What is this world coming to?

:goodpost::clap:exactly:

I've seen this in person and quite honestly I personally don't think it's worth $300.

Just my opinion though.

I didn't read all the post but I hope they re**** this one as I really dig the colour. Ver 2 maybe?

I've seen this in person and quite honestly I personally don't think it's worth $300.

Just my opinion though.

Blasphemy!

(joking)

Imho, the price would have been rather less contentious if the figure had included the existing MK VII head sculpt and the light-up feature in the base.. really not sure why HT went to the extraordinary lengths of actually disabling the stand's light-up feature.. does the figure suddenly turn into New Green Goblin, if you give it under-lighting?.. just seems a bizarre thing to do. :dunno

Wrong to post #2860

A) This figure is a toy fair figure which means it's limited. Hot Toys doesn't release production numbers, any such numbers posted are pure speculation and not factual.

B) Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. So, if someone can hit the SSC web site and pick it up for $300 + shipping, trust me, they are going to sell out given people were willing to pay $500-$800.

C) Trivializing the figure by just calling it a repaint is flawed logic. A re-paint constitutes an entirely new figure regardless of model parity.

My personal opinion is that this figure just looks bad ***. Mark (no pun intended) my words, you're going to be sorry for not picking this up. I understand it's terrible timing given Crack Friday and the holidays... But... Somethings you just have to pick up.

Last edited:

I hardly post here anymore. I come for news and pics, but the internet arguments got old. The madness that goes on in every thread is too much. And the bullies here who think they have more rights than people with fewer posts are pathetic.

I'm glad SSC finally put this up. Darklord Daves review made me even more stoked about getting this. Especially knowing there are several different shades of gold.
:goodpost: yah I dont post much, never really have. It gets tiresome reading through complaints and arguments. Forums like this tend to make people complain about something because they can have a voice that people we see and read. And most people who are upset feel the need to post, rather than those who are happy and could care less. Then some get a reputation or following, so it just feeds into it.

But in the end, I really don't care what others think because I collect for myself and for the love of the characters and movies. Really, who cares what others think who live on the other side of the world? As long as your enjoying collecting, thats all that matters. People get really stressed it seems. Just not worth it. Its a fun hobby, toys, movies, comics, sci-fi, its all fun. If you cant afford something, its ok, you will survive. You also you don't have to buy everything. I think if people just bought their absolute favorites they would be much happier. If you don't love IM3, really no need to buy it. Just because its new and looks great I think leads to a lot of impulse buying that I think stresses people out. Its not an easy hobby because the figures all look great and we all love buying figures. But I do see a lot of people who buy stuff they don't really care that much about, and I think that can lead to a lot of stress and negativity.

I think all the IM3 figures look AMAZING, especially the Mandarin. Man, he just looks awesome!!! but I hated the movie:lol, so I have no desire to buy it. Just admire it from a distance. :)

But in the end, I really don't care what others think because I collect for myself and for the love of the characters and movies. Who cares what others think who live on the other side of the world? As long as your enjoying collecting, thats all that matters. People get really stressed it seems. Just not worth it. Its a fun hobby, toys, movies, comics, sci-fi, its all fun. If you cant afford something, its ok, you will survive. You also don't have to buy everything. I think if people just bought their absolute favorites they would be much happier. If you don't love IM3, really no need to buy it. Just because its new and looks great I think leads to a lot of impulse buying that I think stresses people out. Its not an easy hobby because the figures all look great and we all love buying figures. But I do see a lot of people who buy stuff they don't really care that much about, and I think that can lead to a lot of negativity.

:goodpost: :hi5: :exactly:

I ended up getting one. Depending on how it looks once I have it in hand, I might keep it. Since I'm relatively new to the Hot Toys scene, there's a lot of older figures that I want, so it might be useful to trade if I decide not to keep it.

How can hot toys possibly fail? They're a monopoly. Unless their company somehow goes down hard...like I don't know a future T-1000 DX figure comes to life and kills everyone bought one and take over the world, they're gonna continue dominating the market. So buy or don't buy, it's your choice but they can price Midas 500 dollars and I bet they would still sell well. That is Stark Toys, I-mean hot toys.

I haven't posted in a while but I had to chime in. I picked it up. Not because I want to flip it or expect the value to increase. I got it because I'm a fan of the movies and the whole HT IM line. I might be a completist too but we won't tell my wife that, will we? :)

This will be my last figure for quite awhile, now that I have no figures on PO. The only figure that I want right now is Whiplash Mark II. Gonna be kinda nice though-this last year and a half or so has been crazy!

Sorry if this question has already been answered somewhere in this long thread. Does anyone know where Australians can get a hold of this at retail price (not exorbitant secondary market prices)? I know Popcultcha is Sideshow's Aussie distributor but I don't know any official HTs distributor for Oz. It sucks that exclusive HT figures have regional restrictions - BD Mk VII and now this! Hey, we also want this! C'mon! :gah: :( (Sorry for a bit of rant.)

If you wait a couple of weeks until people get theirs, I think the 'exorbadant' secondary market prices are going to go way down...

Back