Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS - Link for waitlist in opening post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS BUY NOW - Link on page 257

yeah but after they sell thousands and a large portion are those are for flipping- the price will plumet ......but yeah 299 is low and very tempting

Cheapest on eBay is $450. Honestly collectors have no one to blame but themselves IMO. They are buying these things on eBay at PO time for double or triple retail sometimes.

With Midas, $480 is the cheapest it sold for, and over 100+ of them sold for more than that if you look at recent Sold items. And more than 20+ sold for over $700-$900+

gets a bit silly sometimes.:lol

The next year after that, it'll be priced at $499. And people would atill buy em. Up till the bubble burst and folks on ebay arent buying at all.

I wont. I fear this is the last year for me. The days of middle class collecting is circling the drain. :(

I can do the same for any Aussies so long as you're willing to pay up-front (and not gift, but in this case, obviously you'd be covering the fees, as much as it makes me cringe to say that particular phrase). Once it arrives here, I'll get a quote and forward on to you but beware, Canada Post is VERY expensive, so be prepared for maybe $75.00+ to ship (I would scan and forward to your e.mail the actual receipt for shipping, of course). Personally I think you're crazy to pay that much but if anyone loves Midas, it's still less than e.Bay for the time being. Have a feeling this figure's e.Bay prices are about to tank.

Great offer guys!

Yes the bubble will burst- it may take a few months- but it will. Prices are going to start dropping on Ebay in the days ahead once SS starts shipping out thousands of these...

Cheapest on eBay is $450. Honestly collectors have no one to blame but themselves IMO. They are buying these things on eBay at PO time for double or triple retail sometimes.

With Midas, $480 is the cheapest it sold for, and over 100+ of them sold for more than that if you look at recent Sold items. And more than 20+ sold for over $700-$900+

gets a bit silly sometimes.:lol

and in the days and weeks ahead 450 will be a high price!
For those who paid $800 or so when it first hit.......:cuckoo:

I like to collect rare and hard to find items. I do not think there is anything wrong with that. Some Hot Toys fall into that category. This does not. I just called and cancelled. (I had to call because I paid by Paypal).

I like to collect rare and hard to find items. I do not think there is anything wrong with that. Some Hot Toys fall into that category. This does not. I just called and cancelled. (I had to call because I paid by Paypal).

The rare and hard to find days of Hot Toys has passed.

The rare and hard to find days of Hot Toys has passed.

Truer words never spoken!:clap

This is not the HT of ALIEN Dallas and Godfather and Blade..

this is BIG business , huge numbers, high ticket HT....

Tell that to someone trying to pick up a Hawkeye at retail price (or most of the other Avengers for that matter)

Those prices are driven by people PAYING high prices for those- and keeping them high. Yes- there are some HT that do go up in value but it is temporary- check back in 2-3 years after Avengers 2 figures hit and the 5th Thor or Cap are released.

You've got to remember there is no flex on this and it's right on Christmas, I don't think they have sold as many as people thought and this will be still a rare figure :)

I would say come back in 6 mths and see how many are up for sale on ebay and the forums...not many at a guess and this is what drives the price up.

Tell that to someone trying to pick up a Hawkeye at retail price (or most of the other Avengers for that matter)

Hawkeye is neither rare nor hard to find, if people miss retail that's on them. He cost more on secondary market but easy to find.

Truer words never spoken!:clap

This is not the HT of ALIEN Dallas and Godfather and Blade..

this is BIG business , huge numbers, high ticket HT....

:exactly:

Those prices are driven by people PAYING high prices for those- and keeping them high. Yes- there are some HT that do go up in value but it is temporary- check back in 2-3 years after Avengers 2 figures hit and the 5th Thor or Cap are released.

Right and? You telling me Blade will still sell for $500+ if Hot Toys re-do him? Course he wont. Nothing has changed whatsoever so to say the days of rare and hard to find Hot Toys are over are true words is rubbish

You saying it's the public driving the prices for the Avengers up is the exact same reason a Blade goes for what it does, it's supply and demand

Right and? You telling me Blade will still sell for $500+ if Hot Toys re-do him? Course he wont. Nothing has changed whatsoever so to say the days of rare and hard to find Hot Toys are over are true words is rubbish

You saying it's the public driving the prices for the Avengers up is the exact same reason a Blade goes for what it does, it's supply and demand

Thats the truth :goodpost::exactly:

Hawkeye is neither rare nor hard to find, if people miss retail that's on them. He cost more on secondary market but easy to find.

If you're willing to pay the price no figure is rare or hard to find, in the last month alone I've seen 2 Blades up for sale on a forum that's not even half as big as this one

Actually, it isn't rubbish (who says rubbish anyway?) as Hot Toys has stated that they want to eliminate secondary market profiteering by scalpers/flippers so you can be expect re-releases of older figures (ie Mark 1 2.0) and increased product availability globally so everyone who wants one can get one at or near retail (ie - Midas).

If you're willing to pay the price no figure is rare or hard to find, in the last month alone I've seen 2 Blades up for sale on a forum that's not even half as big as this one

If nobody is selling the figure it doesn't matter how willing you are to buy it.

They have NO long term value if they keep getting updated and remade- THAT is the POINT. Buying them as investment or items that hold their value over a long period of time is LUDICROUS. Anything HT makes lately is far from limited and in short supply- prices are kept up by demand only for a short time- as useless as bad investments dictated by speculators which is exactly why some current HT have high secondary prices.

They need to do another blade and King Leo:pray:

Actually, it isn't rubbish (who says rubbish anyway?) as Hot Toys has stated that they want to eliminate secondary market profiteering by scalpers/flippers so you can be expect re-releases of older figures (ie Mark 1 2.0) and increased product availability globally so everyone who wants one can get one at or near retail (ie - Midas).

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yess::exactly:

Back