Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS - Link for waitlist in opening post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS BUY NOW - Link on page 257

They have NO long term value if they keep getting updated and remade- THAT is the POINT. Buying them as investment or items that hold their value over a long period of time is LUDICROUS. Anything HT makes lately is far from limited and in short supply- prices are kept up by demand only for a short time- as useless as bad investments dictated by speculators which is exactly why some current HT have high secondary prices.

:exactly:

How many King Leo, ALIEN Dallas and Godfather does anyone see floating around?

Not many.

Few factors as to why it didn't sell as quickly as some people expect.

- No flex play
- People most likely have stretched their wallets due to Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals plus Christmas right around the corner.
- Midas, though unique doesn't offer much in value. It's a repaint with less accessories.
- Only die hard IM fans and completists are willing to pay $300 for it.
- Sideshow/Hot Toys over estimated the hype around this figures.

I still bought two. I like it that much. I was sooo close to buying it for $600 a month ago, so getting two for the price of what I could've paid a month ago makes it easier for me.

Plus, I think this will look sooo sick with the Hot Toys Armor Testing HS. :D

Actually, it isn't rubbish (who says rubbish anyway?) as Hot Toys has stated that they want to eliminate secondary market profiteering by scalpers/flippers so you can be expect re-releases of older figures (ie Mark 1 2.0) and increased product availability globally so everyone who wants one can get one at or near retail (ie - Midas).

When did they say this :confused: I was under the impression Hot Toys don't speak to the public other than info on what's coming up... and are pretty much ran by an unknown force :ghost:chase

Actually, it isn't rubbish (who says rubbish anyway?) as Hot Toys has stated that they want to eliminate secondary market profiteering by scalpers/flippers so you can be expect re-releases of older figures (ie Mark 1 2.0) and increased product availability globally so everyone who wants one can get one at or near retail (ie - Midas).

English people.

Few factors as to why it didn't sell as quickly as some people expect.

- No flex play
- People most likely have stretched their wallets due to Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals plus Christmas right around the corner.
- Midas, though unique doesn't offer much in value. It's a repaint with less accessories.
- Only die hard IM fans and completists are willing to pay $300 for it.
- Sideshow/Hot Toys over estimated the hype around this figures.

I still bought two. I like it that much. I was sooo close to buying it for $600 a month ago, so getting two for the price of what I could've paid a month ago makes it easier for me.

Plus, I think this will look sooo sick with the Hot Toys Armor Testing HS. :D

All very legitimate reasons! In fact HT did over estimate the demand and I'm betting the production run is very large for such a "limited" figure...they saw what happened with BD Mk VII and was hoping lightning would strike twice...

All very legitimate reasons! In fact HT did over estimate the demand and I'm betting the production run is very large for such a "limited" figure...they saw what happened with BD Mk VII and was hoping lightning would strike twice...

we got suckerd in

Well.. somebody has to pay 20-30 dollars to ship it across the Pacfic. Either your or them

Lets run through those figures again -

Asia - $290.. plus your $30 shipping = $320
That's £196.00

America - $300 plus $30 shipping = $330
That's £202

UK - lets add UK tax charges
20% sales tax based on the combined item and shipping cost + approx £10 processing fee
Thats approx (£202 + £40 + £10) £250

Europe - £360 plus £18.50
That's £378.50.. which in dollars is $619.26

I think you'll find that is a little more than your '20 - 30 dollars to ship it across the Pacific'.. which is why I threw my toys out of the pram over the HT 'official' retail price in Europe (before it was announced it would be available to the UK, from Sideshow).. clearer now?

Nobody is defending an expensive piece. I'm sure all of us would love to have a somewhat limited Hot Toys Iron Man for $150. Hell, why not $98 dollars?

Then, they can stop paying the designers, sculptors, factory workers, and managers. Why pay them well to make quality things?

Inflation is a thing, yes. Toys have gone up a lot int he last few years for various reasons, but in the end it's a luxury that you do not need.

Period.

If you don't want to pay another $100, don't pay it. Spend your money elsewhere.

And all the people complaining about Iron Man this and repaint that... how do you think they finance these tiny properties like Captain Harlock, or some random low budget figure? That big daddy Iron Man money. Awwwww right.

Capitalism. Hot Toys didn't sucker anybody. You suckered yourself haha.
How's that saying go? There is a difference in being able to buy something, and being able to afford it.

Didn't the Mark VI Promo take a couple days to sell out? I could easily see this sticking around for a little longer because of the price, time of the year and other figures coming out this month (just got my 9 day notice for The Mechanic).

No joke! I'm glad I used my points for a freer pps mk 42. My month is quite pricey

If Hot Toys does a low production run - people complain there isn't enough to go around for "people who really want it."

If Hot Toys makes too much of this figure to go around [even though everyone who wanted one can now get one] - people complain it's not Limited Edition.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Then there are those collectors who actually... **pause** BUY A FIGURE BECAUSE THEY LIKE IT!? **GASP!** What is this world coming to?

I like to collect rare and hard to find items. I do not think there is anything wrong with that. Some Hot Toys fall into that category. This does not. I just called and cancelled. (I had to call because I paid by Paypal).

But there is probably more HTs collectors like me who collect for the love of the characters & movies rather than "limited" and "value". I really could care less what they are worth because i dont like to sell them. They are the best toys ever made IMO, so I will keep collecting them if they keep making them from my favorite movies.

If Hot Toys does a low production run - people complain there isn't enough to go around for "people who really want it."

If Hot Toys makes too much of this figure to go around [even though everyone who wanted one can now get one] - people complain it's not Limited Edition.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Then there are those collectors who actually... **pause** BUY A FIGURE BECAUSE THEY LIKE IT!? **GASP!** What is this world coming to?
:exactly: thats why I collect them. :)

I'm passing since I rather use my money for gifts to other people instead of myself. If this was flex pay, I would have preordered two.

I'm passing since I rather use my money for gifts to other people instead of myself. If this was flex pay, I would have preordered two.

I love gifts! You can always buy one for me as a gift. I would even act surprised when I opened it. :wink1:

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Yep.

It seems like many people here and on facebook want to see HT fail. Why bother giving your money to a company if you feel that way? Or maybe they can afford something and being a downer is how they get over not being able to own something. I don't care how many they made. I want HT to suceed for a long time. These figures are freaking awesome.

Yep.

It seems like many people here and on facebook want to see HT fail. Why bother giving your money to a company if you feel that way? Or maybe they can afford something and being a downer is how they get over not being able to own something. I don't care how many they made. I want HT to suceed for a long time. These figures are freaking awesome.

Some people will hate and complain about anything haha.:cuckoo:

Yep.

:exactly:its like they are jealous HTs can make amazing figures. idk, but ive always felt that. Why they want them to fail?

Dont we want them to make as much $$ as they can so they can keep making amazing toys and hiring amazing artists. And to me they are just getting better & better. But i guess others want failure. i just dont get it?:dunno

but the thing is they aren't failing in any way. They are more popular than ever. Sure a bubble could burst or something, but they would need more competition for that to start to happen.

But there is probably more HTs collectors like me who collect for the love of the characters & movies rather than "limited" and "value". I really could care less what they are worth because i dont like to sell them. They are the best toys ever made IMO, so I will keep collecting them if they keep making them from my favorite movies.

:exactly: thats why I collect them. :)

:goodpost:We have a winner! :clap

Back