Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS - Link for waitlist in opening post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS Iron Man Mark XXI-MIDAS

No. So we can pay more on the second market once there sold out.

I had already made an offer on one that was rejected and I was about to do BIN on another. I so lucked out this time. Says PO on dec 2.

Yes!!!
Been waiting patiently for this. Now there's a chance I'll simply miss out.
I missed out on the Avengers one, but this one I want more. Prolly the mostest. So hope I can get it, but that also depends on the price.

A minute of silence for all of those who overpaid out of their a$$ for this........

A minute of silence for all of those who overpaid out of their a$$ for this........

Why, those people who have one now don't have to be a slave to their email or twitter to preorder one and possibly miss this. I'm sure the "I missed the email or tweet" rants will pour in once it has sold out and the ones who over paid will be happy to have paid and own it at all. IMO

I know people who have overpaid for things because they want them and do so.

I was glad I was able to trade my extra BD Mark VII for this, if I can order a 2nd and keep it in the storage and use it for trade bait at a later time I will do just that.

But everybody on this site and others who want one will hopefully get one. :hi5:

Ppl who bought early insured that they got the piece- because I had convinced myself this was not coming stateside and it would go the way of a lot of other IM figs. There was no guarantee.

Plus, I'm a big believer in the mantra for collecting that if you really want something you can't always wait for a sale or a bargain. Sometimes, to make sure you get it, you just have to buy it.

I don't believe in overpaying for anything, so those things will never, ever apply to me. Not when it comes to toys.

But whatever floats your boats, guys.

Ppl who bought early insured that they got the piece- because I had convinced myself this was not coming stateside and it would go the way of a lot of other IM figs. There was no guarantee.

Plus, I'm a big believer in the mantra for collecting that if you really want something you can't always wait for a sale or a bargain. Sometimes, to make sure you get it, you just have to buy it.

True that. I typically go with the attitude that there are things I want enough to buy that I will pay the going rate and then there are things I only wNt enough to buy at a discount. Obviously I always want a discount (or in this case, retail) but can't always be bothered waiting and hoping when I really want something. That can also backfire, sometimes I've waited for a deal and ended up losing out and having to pay even more.

I don't believe in overpaying for anything, so those things will never, ever apply to me. Not when it comes to toys.

But whatever floats your boats, guys.

One can only overpay if one considers what they paid to be over what is reasonable, which people tend not to do, cause it's their money to spend and when they spend it, tend to think it's reasonable to spend and therefore, not overpaying.

I'd agree that the term overpay is subjective. There are ppl who would say none of this crap is worth more than $40. Different ppl are in different situations. Plus those who bought already can get another on the 2nd and probably flip it for what they paid on eBay in 6 months, thus bringing them to speed with everyone else. But they had the guarantee that they got the figure.

Back