1/6 Hot Toys - MMS Diecast - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Iron Man Mark XLVII Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you buy something with the intent of selling it for a higher profit down the road. You?re a scalper/flipper. It?s easy.

Yeah and HT is the top scalper. You just paid a company ? scalper? $500 for a figure that only cost them a fraction of the cost to make. You?re not even paying for the figures actual cost to produce with a bit extra for profit, your paying solely based on whether or not you WILL pay that price. Seems pretty stupid on you and my part to pay for these overpriced toys, ya think? [emoji848][emoji33][emoji51]

I mean, for Christ?s sake, man has been profiting off of his lesser fellow man since the dawn of mankind.

So no, I don?t give a **** if there is an under scalper(S)charging crazy amounts of money for these. It?s all the damn same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If people want to scalp these things for profit, all power to them I guess. It's the really limited collector stuff that you can't even get a shot of buying in the first 5 minutes of presales that annoy me. I wanted both the Ellie statue and the top Collector Edition of the game for The Last of Us 2 for instance. Didn't stand a chance.

If people want to scalp these things for profit, all power to them I guess. It's the really limited collector stuff that you can't even get a shot of buying in the first 5 minutes of presales that annoy me. I wanted both the Ellie statue and the top Collector Edition of the game for The Last of Us 2 for instance. Didn't stand a chance.

But that?s what makes it fun man. If you could have it all it wouldn?t be as interesting. There?s collecting and there is collecting.. I prefer the ladder.

It was more interesting back in the day without all the technology. Now the only thing interesting about collecting is arguing in message boards. Lol.

I don't blame the sellers for these. I blame the buyers. Like i said i have remember seeing these listed on eBay for 99 cents and bid up to stupid prices. That's NOT scalping. That's buyers just going crazy over something they shouldn't be and setting the price at an insane level.

But that?s what makes it fun man. If you could have it all it wouldn?t be as interesting. There?s collecting and there is collecting.. I prefer the ladder.

It was more interesting back in the day without all the technology. Now the only thing interesting about collecting is arguing in message boards. Lol.

Wow, you collect ladders? Now I've seen it all! :lol

all this makes me think back to the days of sideshows ppo's and that there were a buch of people on here who bought figures just to flip, specially the predators who were very sought after, members who were'nt even regulars on the the pred threads. if you can make money off a figure then good for you. if there is someone who is willing to pay double than what a figure costs then good for them too. collecting should be about what's fun or what makes it fun for you and not minding a guy 2 states over has the same figure as you do. i personally don't mind the reissued figures mostly this guy because i had him when it first came out and unfortunately had to sell him..........thats before the prices went up, probably sold him at cost. sorry, i don't mean to start ****, just thinking out loud i guess.

I remember the days of pre-ordering a Star Wars premium format figure from Sideshow. You waited for the pre-order window, pressed refresh (which took waaaaaay longer back then) and hoped to get in before it sold out. That was sort of fun, but also nerve racking. I am glad that the stuff I enjoy is relatively easy to obtain. I do still occasionally suffer from the stigma of not needing something until it goes on wait list! :)

Lol yeah that reminds of hyped sneaker and clothing releases for companies like Supreme. Many items are impossible to successfully order online unless you are running a special program or bot. I'm really thankful Hot Toys figures are easily obtainable nowadays.... there are plenty of online stores and some figures are up for pre-order for an entire year. And even then you have another chance with the Waitlist system with companies like Sideshow.

While I'm happy they are doing a rerelease of the 47, I hope this does not become the norm. Yeah, those that were unable to preorder it before have another chance now, but the fact is that there will always be people that miss out. It'll be pretty ridiculous if they rerelease the 47 again in 2023 for those that are missing out on it now :rotfl

I love the thrill lol
I've gotten a couple of box logo items from Supreme and the recent figuarts avengers final battle edition was a crap show too

all this makes me think back to the days of sideshows ppo's and that there were a buch of people on here who bought figures just to flip, specially the predators who were very sought after, members who were'nt even regulars on the the pred threads. if you can make money off a figure then good for you. if there is someone who is willing to pay double than what a figure costs then good for them too. collecting should be about what's fun or what makes it fun for you and not minding a guy 2 states over has the same figure as you do. i personally don't mind the reissued figures mostly this guy because i had him when it first came out and unfortunately had to sell him..........thats before the prices went up, probably sold him at cost. sorry, i don't mean to start ****, just thinking out loud i guess.

I read this and I at first I was like, wait a minute - their are predators here and you know who they are?

Backs away slowly....:lol

I thought these were limited edition figures? How can they advertise that and then release them? It’s almost like their word means nothing.

I thought these were limited edition figures? How can they advertise that and then release them? It?s almost like their word means nothing.

Hot Toys are not marketed as "limited editions," even though their productions are typically limited runs.

The older plastic iron mans and some of the initial diecast were labeled limited edition. I don't see that label anymore for newer ones. I personally don't collect things based on their availability, but based on what I like so doesn't matter to me if they're limited or reissued (other than the fact that they cause delays on newer figures)

The only HT that seem to be "limited" are Con exclusives. Regular releases are limited only in the number that were made.

Okay, that's fair enough (though it's probably limited to the number they think they can sell, lol).

Back