1/6 Hot Toys - MMS Diecast - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Iron Man Mark XLVII Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
up_19.jpg

Tiny nitpick but I wish they made the silver parts slightly scuffed and dirty as well as the red. I'm still undecided whether I'm going to have the open helmet or headsculpt on show.

[
Tiny nitpick but I wish they made the silver parts slightly scuffed and dirty as well as the red. I'm still undecided whether I'm going to have the open helmet or headsculpt on show.

I think the idea is that the red is painted on top of that silver metal? And the red is scuffed up but the metal is fresh and remade from damage? I dunno. Just a thought.
That might displease all the people who complained that the 46 was too skinny ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really? I thought everyone thought the 43 was too skinny, but praised the beefiness of the 46. I tuned out of armors after the 43 and Shotgun because it was too expensive haha. Shows what I know.

I think the idea is that the red is painted on top of that silver metal? And the red is scuffed up but the metal is fresh and remade from damage? I dunno. Just a thought.

Hah! Ironically enough that's a point that's always annoyed me in terms of battle damage in the other armours - why when the metal has been stated to be gold titanium alloy wherever possible, why the hell do the scuffs show up as silver??

Hah! Ironically enough that's a point that's always annoyed me in terms of battle damage in the other armours - why when the metal has been stated to be gold titanium alloy wherever possible, why the hell do the scuffs show up as silver??
Huh, I honestly didn't remember that fact..but he says it in Iron Man 3, doesn't he? You got me interested in this, so I did a little reading. In 2016 researchers discovered two forms of Titanium-Gold alloy, apha and beta; the latter has carbon, nitrogen, or oxygen stabilizing the structure and is the strongest we've encountered. It's ratio of titanium to gold atoms is 3 to 1 in a single unit. If we assume this to be the material Tony uses, given that ratio, I would think the damage would still seem overwhelmingly silverish in color. But metals and crystal lattices can take on very wild colors so it's totally up in the air. That being said - I could not find an image of it, only text and the journal the researchers published, so based on the ratios, that's my assumption, I could very well be incorrect. But maybe it fixes cannon if you need it to 😁

If you're interested here's the journal:
https://advances.sciencemag.org/content/2/7/e1600319.full

Huh, I honestly didn't remember that fact..but he says it in Iron Man 3, doesn't he? You got me interested in this, so I did a little reading. In 2016 researchers discovered two forms of Titanium-Gold alloy, apha and beta; the latter has carbon, nitrogen, or oxygen stabilizing the structure and is the strongest we've encountered. It's ratio of titanium to gold atoms is 3 to 1 in a single unit. If we assume this to be the material Tony uses, given that ratio, I would think the damage would still seem overwhelmingly silverish in color. But metals and crystal lattices can take on very wild colors so it's totally up in the air. That being said - I could not find an image of it, only text and the journal the researchers published, so based on the ratios, that's my assumption, I could very well be incorrect. But maybe it fixes cannon if you need it to [emoji16]

It was stated in the first Iron Man.

Huh, I honestly didn't remember that fact..but he says it in Iron Man 3, doesn't he? You got me interested in this, so I did a little reading. In 2016 researchers discovered two forms of Titanium-Gold alloy, apha and beta; the latter has carbon, nitrogen, or oxygen stabilizing the structure and is the strongest we've encountered. It's ratio of titanium to gold atoms is 3 to 1 in a single unit. If we assume this to be the material Tony uses, given that ratio, I would think the damage would still seem overwhelmingly silverish in color. But metals and crystal lattices can take on very wild colors so it's totally up in the air. That being said - I could not find an image of it, only text and the journal the researchers published, so based on the ratios, that's my assumption, I could very well be incorrect. But maybe it fixes cannon if you need it to ��

Fascinating reply!

Huh, I honestly didn't remember that fact..but he says it in Iron Man 3, doesn't he? You got me interested in this, so I did a little reading. In 2016 researchers discovered two forms of Titanium-Gold alloy, apha and beta; the latter has carbon, nitrogen, or oxygen stabilizing the structure and is the strongest we've encountered. It's ratio of titanium to gold atoms is 3 to 1 in a single unit. If we assume this to be the material Tony uses, given that ratio, I would think the damage would still seem overwhelmingly silverish in color. But metals and crystal lattices can take on very wild colors so it's totally up in the air. That being said - I could not find an image of it, only text and the journal the researchers published, so based on the ratios, that's my assumption, I could very well be incorrect. But maybe it fixes cannon if you need it to 😁

Hah! Thanks for digging that up - I vaguely remember that tidbit of news and how Iron Man 'predicted' the science, but now that you mention it you're absolutely right, the colours could be all over the place. Hee! Brilliant I love it when stuff like this can conveniently provide explanations.

*wanders off to see if lattice type and cell unit is provided anywhere*

Edit: oh really should have expected that given what bio Titanium alloys tend to look like. There's a photo of a sample of the stuff that's undergone bonding to a ceramic - it seems it's a dull grey.

Used my $50 code on this bad boy. After missing out on the 45 and 46 I think I'll be very happy with this one on my shelf!

Diecast noob question here, what parts are the diecast ones? Inner workings or outside pieces?

Outside pieces. Like the thighs, shoulder pads, legs, etc. they're REALLY fantastic.

Just ordered this with the $50.00 off coupon I had!

Yay.. someone else has joined the party. I really love the look of this thing. I may wind up liking it more than the 46. I really like the light and dark silver and that the red has the wear and tear but the silver doesn't seem to. (Though that may change).

Outside pieces. Like the thighs, shoulder pads, legs, etc. they're REALLY fantastic.

Yay.. someone else has joined the party. I really love the look of this thing. I may wind up liking it more than the 46. I really like the light and dark silver and that the red has the wear and tear but the silver doesn't seem to. (Though that may change).

It's Iron Man of course I am going to preorder it.

Not a big fan of the color scheme but wow, loved every single minute of this suit's scenes..wished the film had more!

Back