1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2? Are you planning on getting one after it releases? Or did you somehow manage to get 2 on pre order?

Yes curious, I suppose they could have 2 accounts, Honestly I would have bought 3 If I could

My Brother preordered one for me as a present for my Birthday as soon as it went up as he has a SS account of his own.
I, of course, ordered one myself.
So i shall be getting two it seems.

Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain Ame...

Unfortunately this would only be a small drop in the bucket having a baby put my wife and I in $36k in debt.

You gotta prioritize man. Any sort of money will help. This is one of those cases where I wouldn't buy anymore for a while, you don't wanna dig yourself deeper in the hole. This is a hobby after all, hobbies should be done in spare time, not take up all of it.

Just get straightened financially, get the baby all set, swallow your pride cuz this hobby will always be here, family first.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain Ame...

You gotta prioritize man. Any sort of money will help. This is one of those cases where I wouldn't buy anymore for a while, you don't wanna dig yourself deeper in the hole. This is a hobby after all, hobbies should be done in spare time, not take up all of it.

Just get straightened financially, get the baby all set, swallow your pride cuz this hobby will always be here, family first.

:goodpost: So true dude! Great advice to give

Unfortunately this would only be a small drop in the bucket having a baby put my wife and I in $36k in debt.

That's just crazy. Don't you have loads of IM figures?
Sell everything and get out of debt. Every single figure, even the ones you don't want to sell in a million years.
Then only buy what you can afford to buy. It will make your collection mean so much more to you in the long run.
I can't speak for everyone, but i would personally never take on $1 of debt to buy dolls.
If i can't afford it, i don't buy them.

Sell everything and get out of debt. Every single figure, even the ones you don't want to sell in a million years.
Then only buy what you can afford to buy. It will make your collection mean so much more to you in the long run.
I can't speak for everyone, but i would personally never take on $1 of debt to buy dolls.

This! Family comes first, always. Sell all you can except your top 3 figures so it will lessen the pain of selling them. The money you get will ease you through this tough time but it will help. And change that mentality that a figure is just a little more debt because that is how it'll become an addiction and soon your debt will be more than ever. Maybe one figure is but then there's the next and next and next and soon it's 10k worth of figures!

Btw congrats on your newborn! Hope you get through this debt period soon! All the best man.

Absolutely. Because of my family and expenses, I have to be more selective of what I buy. If I can't afford it, I don't buy it. Plain and simple. Why go in even more debt over toys?

Well I took everyones advice and listed them for sale on TFW2005.com. I refuse to put them on eBay and pay their insane fees. I just hope that I can sell them. But I am keeping all of my Iron Man figures, and Masterpiece Transformers, and all the 212 different versions of Optimus Prime/ Convoy. I am selling the other ones that I no longer want.

Again Thanks guys for the advice!!

Back