1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Complete bs, this is such a joke, why remake the first avenger when there so many others that need making, where's punisher, cyclops, professer X, magneto, and so on. Why do we need 40 ironman and 10 captain america's, I got bored after they made 3 of those, now remaking them is just uncalled for. I know people will say if you don't like it don't buy it....that's the plan:lecture

Complete bs, this is such a joke, why remake the first avenger when there so many others that need making, where's punisher, cyclops, professer X, magneto, and so on. Why do we need 40 ironman and 10 captain america's, I got bored after they made 3 of those, now remaking them is just uncalled for. I know people will say if you don't like it don't buy it....that's the plan:lecture
Because

tumblr_inline_mv8ha5HCin1ry3wlg.gif

Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain Ame...

In HT's defense, I would probably only get a Magneto out of the ones you mentioned...

Everybody talks about there being minor differences in this and the FA Cap. What are the differences?

See for yourself:

captain_america_winter_soldier_costume_l.jpg

caftacatwscomparison.jpg

Neck area is a separate piece
Shoulder armour straps removed
Grey part of straps now blue
Red strap method of buckling
Chest patterning added
Abdomen pattern different
Blue part of sleeves now grey
Extra red stripe

A lot of fussy and unnecessary alterations really.

The new WWII suit is growing on me and I can say is this:
Its a nice improvment on the Avengers suit.

This suit looks more compact than TFA. Also if nothing else, get this for a better head sculpt. TFA isn't a Chris Evans sculpt and it was too short. Also besides flaking shield, his leg strap broke. Nothing some super glue could fix though.

See for yourself:

captain_america_winter_soldier_costume_l.jpg

caftacatwscomparison.jpg

Neck area is a separate piece
Shoulder armour straps removed
Grey part of straps now blue
Red strap method of buckling
Chest patterning added
Abdomen pattern different
Blue part of sleeves now grey
Extra red stripe

A lot of fussy and unnecessary alterations really.

It also looks like the "shirt" is a two piece now. A Captain America tank top. Probably give the actor more freedom of movement.

This suit looks more compact than TFA. Also if nothing else, get this for a better head sculpt. TFA isn't a Chris Evans sculpt and it was too short. Also besides flaking shield, his leg strap broke. Nothing some super glue could fix though.

I had that same thought at first but if you look in the box, it includes long foot pegs and that makes him as tall as the other Captain America figures, even though Avengers Cap still has a slight edge in height due to the boots. No idea why they slapped on the shorter pegs on him first.

I really like it. However, looking at this as a "non-completist", I should be able to just pick up the jacket on ebay to swap out when I want to change up my TFA. thereby saving my $$$ for the stealth figure.

Also, which "original thread" is this pic posted in? I definitely want that shield on the far right

I'm glad hot toys is remaking this outfit and look. I like this suit a lot better then the avengers New England patriots outfit . The first avengers outfit had terrible pose ability so hopefully this version will fix that issue and give us a cool and accurate head sculpt aswell .

I'll be sticking with my First Avengers Cap...I'm only interested in the "stealth" suit version!

think I will stick to my first avengers version and possibly just get the new headsculpts if they are awesome,defo want the stealth suit though

Also if nothing else, get this for a better head sculpt. TFA isn't a Chris Evans sculpt and it was too short.

I've heard several people say something similar, but honestly I thought the First Avenger headsculpt was very close, if not perfect. It definitely looks like Evans to me.

Photoshopped to see the hidden expression. Looks like a step down from the Last Stand Wolverine.

999968_10203304091221349_582793361_n.jpg

Back