1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The price is decent too. I have to say I'm really happy to see this because the steady price hikes are just becoming unvalidated and insulting. The first Cap was $160 flat a couple of years ago so could this have been more like $190? Definitely, but of course they have to throw a $20 "FU, this is a movie promo vig on it". It's understandable though. AT least this wasn't something retarded like $240-$250.

HT knows that they have us by the balls but a fair price points like this and TDK Armory sets shows that they're probably catching on that they started to push too far and were about to burst their own bubble. I think that they learned with overpricing some things like the Hall of Armor sets. If the price hikes continue with no real rhyme or reason then they're going to price out a large portion of their supporters.

It's still happening with figs like Loki for example which are V2's that are similar to the V'1's and includes less but is $15-$20 more than the first version which is roughly only a year old :ohbfrank:

The price is decent too. I have to say I'm really happy to see this because the steady price hikes are just becoming unvalidated and insulting. The first Cap was $160 flat a couple of years ago so could this have been more like $190? Definitely, but of course they have to throw a $20 "FU, this is a movie promo vig on it". It's understandable though. AT least this wasn't something retarded like $240-$250.

HT knows that they have us by the balls but a fair price points like this and TDK Armory sets shows that they're probably catching on that they started to push too far and were about to burst their own bubble. I think that they learned with overpricing some things like the Hall of Armor sets. If the price hikes continue with no real rhyme or reason then they're going to price out a large portion of their supporters.

It's still happening with figs like Loki for example which are V2's that are similar to the V'1's and includes less but is $15-$20 more than the first version which is roughly only a year old :ohbfrank:

:exactly::goodpost:

Ordered :)

Yea, I think we were getting confused by the phrase "movie promo" and that made us equate it with the Avengers MK VI and the BD MK VII. This seems to be a SS EX and it's limited in region but I don't think it will be as limited in number as the Iron Men.

Can Canadians get the other SS EX's like the Chitauri 2 pack or the Banner/Hulk set?

I have a feeling that these are going to fly because there's no NRD. Not in a few hours or under a day, but they'll sell out like Thor EX did

The sleeveless Thor was open for Canadians and I jumped on that, glad I did it's probably the best exclusive they had, in my eyes, and it was open for us, it was great.

Other countries can order this figure...but Canada can't?????

Not available to canadian. Bunch of ****ing idiots. Wow. Thanks Sideshow.

Not too mad about the price on this one...I mean, Sleeveless Thor was $230 and had the same or less accessories as this one, only with a BD base that I will never use...and that hit WAITLIST. Anyways..Preordered

Why can't Canadians order this? I haven't tried yet, but I hope they'll let me ship it to the US and I'll just drive across the border to pick it up.

The sleeveless Thor was open for Canadians and I jumped on that, glad I did it's probably the best exclusive they had, in my eyes, and it was open for us, it was great.

The region thing is what's throwing me off in figuring out how limited this is. Is this a new EX release structure where it's limited to certain but not as limited in quantity? Or is this going to be a movie promo release as we know it with limited ES as well as region? Hmmmmm

i just wish it came with a helmet accessory because so far HT has been reluctant to do that. I wonder why, it's integral to his cap look.

Better call Barry!

Why can't Canadians order this? I haven't tried yet, but I hope they'll let me ship it to the US and I'll just drive across the border to pick it up.

if you have a US shipping address and billing too i think, it should be fine. Hurry and get it now before it's gone!

So everyone has bought these quickly incase it was another Iron Man VII BD situation. I wonder how many people will cancel if it's still around ned week?
:lol

The region thing is what's throwing me off in figuring out how limited this is. Is this a new EX release structure where it's limited to certain but not as limited in quantity? Or is this going to be a movie promo release as we know it with limited ES as well as region? Hmmmmm

Better call Barry!

I think the region thing seems like the BD Mk VII if i'm not mistaken so I'd say its probably like that version since it's a movie promo and not like thor's exclusive one.

If you want a captain america helmet but you don't know how to do it... who you gonna call?

Barry! (to the tune of ghostbusters)

So everyone has bought these quickly incase it was another Iron Man VII BD situation. I wonder how many people will cancel if it's still around ned week?
:lol

People will only cancel once the payment email is sent out and if it's not that limited since SS does not have NRD on this. Better to have one on order and keep it till the last moment possible!

if its as limited as many are claiming it is, there's no hurt in preordering now, there's no NRD, down the road if there's more WS figures that you would prefer to have, you can just always cancel

This one methinks is a promo fig. Has anyone seen a MMS 240/241 label for this figure anywhere? If it has a MMS label I would say it is not limited, however if it does not then I would have a strong lean to a lower volume exclusive. Buy now cancel later.......... free insurance.

Back