1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the price its fantastic. It's nice, heavy and solid. The detail is great and the paint app is good with the most obvious colour difference being the paler blue around the star.

The back of the shield has elasticated straps rather than leather, but this makes it easier to get on and off figures.

Hey guys, this probably belongs in the TFA CAP Thread but I thought I'd share it here. Since I missed out on the GA Cap I thought I'd modify my first avenger captain america. I bought a winter soldier cap body and swapped it. I also filled in parts of the suit to make it more accurate.
Anyway here are the pics, let me know what you guys think :)

Attachments

• image3(1).JPG
    image3(1).JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 311
  • image4.JPG
    image4.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 303
  • image1(1).JPG
    image1(1).JPG
    115 KB · Views: 302
Hey guys, this probably belongs in the TFA CAP Thread but I thought I'd share it here. Since I missed out on the GA Cap I thought I'd modify my first avenger captain america. I bought a winter soldier cap body and swapped it. I also filled in parts of the suit to make it more accurate.

Coat the shield to prevent more flaking.

For the price its fantastic. It's nice, heavy and solid. The detail is great and the paint app is good with the most obvious colour difference being the paler blue around the star.

The back of the shield has elasticated straps rather than leather, but this makes it easier to get on and off figures.

Thank you 8)

Excellent poses in those pics Spartacus

I have a confession. I loved the figure so much I bought a sealed one from the same seller I bought it from. I even got a better deal so I paid $290 shipped. I likely won't open him but in case anything happens to my Cap now I have some insurance. If nothing happens then I look at it as a good investment piece for when my kid goes to college lol. Anyhow, he's my favourite HT Cap so far, just above Avengers Cap. Despite the head sculpt I just love the costume and build of the figure.

Okay so i've got my custom Steve Rogers sculpt in from Kit Chen, and I placed it on a neck connector to put on the GA body, but it seems to be a bit long compared to the body.
Does anybody with that combo of sculpt and body have the same prob? any known tips to make it less long?
I'll try to take a pic in a moment to show

Okay so i've got my custom Steve Rogers sculpt in from Kit Chen, and I placed it on a neck connector to put on the GA body, but it seems to be a bit long compared to the body.
Does anybody with that combo of sculpt and body have the same prob? any known tips to make it less long?
I'll try to take a pic in a moment to show

It's a problem with the GA costume, not the neck of the head.
What you do is take tissue, and fold some up and put it under the shoulders and chest, from the neck hole. Then put the head back in and the collar will be raised up. It can also be undone really fast.
It turns this:

6F102B52-FFCA-4D1F-A534-F13DCD032832.jpg

Into this:

6CAA4E75-9D55-4ED1-B61E-1F05BDDF0C9D.jpg

Hi Username!

I was just about to post my pic of my GA Captain, then I saw your solution and tried it right away.
Do you think it looks allright? or did I do too many tissues or not enough? I placed it on top of each shoulder and in front of his chest.

Before

After

Thanks again for your advice, you always seem to have a lot of helpful tips to me and other collectors on this board! :clap

Hi Username!

I was just about to post my pic of my GA Captain, then I saw your solution and tried it right away.
Do you think it looks allright? or did I do too many tissues or not enough? I placed it on top of each shoulder and in front of his chest.

Before

After

Thanks again for your advice, you always seem to have a lot of helpful tips to me and other collectors on this board! :clap

Looks perfect to me. Great work!
And thanks for your kind words. Glad to help.

So this is the Strike Cap body? Either way, that looks pretty awesome! :clap I've yearned for a TFA Cap with better arm articulation but couldn't decide on a body, and this may finally push me to do a body swap.

Back