Hot Toys MMS AOTC Padme Amidala (Speculation)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad my decision to sell off my Sideshow Windu looks to be paying off. I just couldn’t stand looking at it any longer.

I’m gonna have to get all of these. Dammit.
Two Super BDs IF they are actually the AOTC design. HT had better not screw us an put out that joke of a Mando redesign.

Don't think Lucasfilm will sign off with them using the Mando SBD under the AoTC banner, at least I hope so lol.

Sometimes, you don't need know you need a $189 Yoda figure until a couple more figures, totaling over $1k, are announced:dunno

This. Also other things might pop up, financials might be out of wack, etc. Sometimes figures just pass you by.

I bet good money people 2 years from now will be talking about not getting Rex or Lando.

Ok this looks like progress but HT have teased figures in this way before and then never gone ahead with them. Shazam. T-800 1/4. I won’t hold my breath.

All these photos though have reminded me the costumes are one of the best things about the prequels and really does demand a line of Padme figures. This would look stunning on the shelf.

EE2A5858-9EA1-4C84-BE35-DDB3A7871B5F.jpeg

This. Also other things might pop up, financials might be out of wack, etc. Sometimes figures just pass you by.

I bet good money people 2 years from now will be talking about not getting Rex or Lando.
Yup this was me. I was jobless when Dooku was released (and I believe first issue/wave of Yoda), so had to cancel that PO and was still getting back on my feet when I guess would technically be the reissue Yoda. I know I'd go to his page on SS and hover over the "add to cart" button often and then it eventually was sold out. It just wouldn't of been financially responsible at the time. The only reason I was able to get ROTS Obiwan was b/c I had RPs that took care of nearly the entire price of the deluxe set and good thing too thankfully, otherwise that would be another high priced figure I'd have to track down.

And to your second point, that's exactly why I went ahead and ordered Rex during his Black Friday/Cyber Monday discount at SS. I wasn't able to get Cody at his time of release and he's also on the list of figures I need to buy/rebuy along with ANH Leia and Ben Kenobi :thud:

Yup this was me. I was jobless when Dooku was released (and I believe first issue/wave of Yoda), so had to cancel that PO and was still getting back on my feet when I guess would technically be the reissue Yoda. I know I'd go to his page on SS and hover over the "add to cart" button often and then it eventually was sold out. It just wouldn't of been financially responsible at the time. The only reason I was able to get ROTS Obiwan was b/c I had RPs that took care of nearly the entire price of the deluxe set and good thing too thankfully, otherwise that would be another high priced figure I'd have to track down.

And to your second point, that's exactly why I went ahead and ordered Rex during his Black Friday/Cyber Monday discount at SS. I wasn't able to get Cody at his time of release and he's also on the list of figures I need to buy/rebuy along with ANH Leia and Ben Kenobi :thud:

Which is totally understandable, it happens to a lot of people. This is hobby and real life stuff pops up.

Not to mention collectors that start next summer that miss out on all the figures just collecting dust in warehouses right now that some of us got on deals.

Rex is great, glad you were able to get him at a discount, try not to fall into that clone army building pit though....like a lot of us. :panic:

Which is totally understandable, it happens to a lot of people. This is hobby and real life stuff pops up.

Not to mention collectors that start next summer that miss out on all the figures just collecting dust in warehouses right now that some of us got on deals.

Rex is great, glad you were able to get him at a discount, try not to fall into that clone army building pit though....like a lot of us. :panic:
For sure! But jeez, does it suck when you have to skip a release b/c of stupid life *kicks rock* 😅

I'm definitely not a clone junkie, though I do think so many have been cool. When it comes to multiple of one Star Wars, I really just want multiple Kenobi's; so, hopefully HT makes AOTC Kenobi even if he wasn't on the teaser announcement.

For Clones: I just want Rex, Cody, Gree, maybe Bly and definitely Wolffe if they happen to make him just to replace the SS ones I used to have.
Let me save you $200.

Although maybe he’ll get a re-release for ROTS 20th with some 212th?
I didn't think about a potential re-release 🤔 But if there's stuff that's wrong with it in terms of accuracy (which I'm sure there is) then that doesn't bother me too too much. Thankfully SW and it's characters are something I enjoy without getting too nitty-gritty with the details and one of the few IPs were ignorance on accuracy is bliss.

Last edited:
For sure! But jeez, does it suck when you have to skip a release b/c of stupid life *kicks rock* 😅

I'm definitely not a clone junkie. When it comes to Star Wars, I really just want multiple Kenobi's so hopefully HT makes AOTC Kenobi even if he wasn't on the teaser announcement.

I just want Rex, Cody, Gree, maybe Bly and definitely Wolffe if they happen to make him just to replace the SS ones I used to have.

I didn't think about a potential re-release 🤔 But if there's stuff that's wrong with it in terms of accuracy (which I'm sure there is) then that doesn't bother me too too much. Thankfully SW and it's characters are something I enjoy without getting too nitty-gritty with the details and one of the few IPs were ignorance on accuracy is bliss.

It would most likely be a straight reissue if it happens. There’s a few small details that are inaccurate but the figure overall is great. Only improvements I’d like to see would be the durability of the light up arm and a metal helmet antenna.

Re-releases are still uncommon but it’ll be about half a decade since Cody released by the time of ROTS 20th so it’s possible. Plus he seems to have had a smaller run. Put him in a vintage style box and call it a day.

Hoping for a variety of Clones for ROTS 20th. Gree and Bly at least; long overdue. 212th and 212th Airborne seems like a must. Would really like Galactic Marines and Scouts too.

It would be really weird if they made AOTC Anakin and Padme and not Obi-Wan so hopefully he’ll also be released.

I don’t think we have too much to worry about. It’s not like they would only make part of a team or only half of an iconic duo or something like that.

548C3FFE-DC9B-4FC6-AD33-F3C3C4AB61E1.jpeg

Oh.

Honestly I thought it was more likely they'd just do Kenobi, Anakin and Mace considering we hadn't seen anything Padme related for literally 3 and a half years. The lack of a Kenobi at all is so puzzling considering they could have done it under the show's label too. I've said it in other places, I'm absolutely thrilled right now...but there's no doubt that it's weird to make only two of the three main characters when the final battle involves them being together for most of it.

Rex, ahsoka, anakin, no kenobi
Maul, qui gon, no kenobi
Bespin leia, lando, Luke, no han
K2, jyn, no cassian

That’s off the top of my head. I’m sure there are more.

A moment of silence for aotc and general kenobi.

Hopefully the Padme sculpt has been improved.

The head sculpt was looking kind of rough at the last Con it was previewed at.

It will be interesting to see if any changes were made to Padme since that proto was shown at a Con a few years back or if they just shelved it until now and put it out hoping nobody notices. I just remember the outfit fitting poorly and the portrait looking a little lackluster. Hopefully we'll see soon enough...

Here's a look at what was offered up before...
1670572009133.png

Please be better than this, HT

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see if any changes were made to Padme since that proto was shown at a Con a few years back or if they just shelved it until now and put it out hoping nobody notices. I just remember the outfit fitting poorly and the portrait looking a little lackluster. Hopefully we'll see soon enough...

Here's a look at what was offered up before...
View attachment 611850

Please be better than this, HT

Proto from the Con looked like it had "man-hands." :lol

Outfit seems to have improved and is more form fitting on the new figure.

Headsculpt has not improved that much? At least based on the pics where the brightness/contrast were turned up.

Hoping for the best but bracing myself for disappointment on the Padme sculpt - which is a shame considering how well Hot Toys has nailed some recent likenesses (She Hulk for example).

From what I recall, Natalie Portman's face was blurred out when the Lady Thor figure went up for PO s hopefully her likeness on both figures is a work in progress - IIRC, the Rey Rise of Skywalker improved between PO and release.

If that tease photo is any guide (and it probably isn’t lol) the suit seems to be fitting better now than it did back in 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back