Hot Toys - MMS 82 - 12 inches Edward Scissorhands collectible figure spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never posted pics of mine and since I finally got the figure to go with my head, here he is.

904a93ab.jpg

93ff0ef1.jpg

f4938883.jpg

Never was a fan of Xenos head to be honest, I really hope dx11 will be an updated Edward, with what hot toys done with Jack and Sweeney a new Edward could be incredible!!

Custom HS from Xenos is no doubt beyond words, but I'm was little worries how to keep those "hair" at good condition from my dusty environment...

Even though the likeness is not Depp, I just picked one up today for $150 new in the box from a collectible store in my area that had it sitting on the shelf for a long time, decided to get it, price seemed really good.

I have also customized mine years ago

6904741676_77d6fb470b_b.jpg

Your custom looks to have more Depp in it than Xeno's does. Would love to see more pics I'd you care to share :) :pray:

Even though the likeness is not Depp, I just picked one up today for $150 new in the box from a collectible store in my area that had it sitting on the shelf for a long time, decided to get it, price seemed really good.

Nice find/buy! Not bad for the price considering today's prices and all.

I always loved the box design for this figure

Seeing this thread, I almost ____ myself thinking that Hot Toys was releasing a new version of this with Depp's likeness. :panic:

...what a disapointment. :mad:

So I decided to open up my Edward... alot of issues, first and foremost a broken knee out of the box... and deteriorating pleather in the lower costume. Not to mention a terrible headsculpt which everybody knows. anyway I sent the headsculpt to a local customizer and here's what he came up with.

imagejpg4_zps52affec8.jpg

imagejpg7_zpsba8c179e.jpg

Looks good, I have the Xenoviper head for mine, but I've considered trying the Sweeney Todd mod... but honestly aside from the awful head it's a really cool figure and one I'm glad finally got made in 1/6 :rock

So I decided to open up my Edward... alot of issues, first and foremost a broken knee out of the box... and deteriorating pleather in the lower costume. Not to mention a terrible headsculpt which everybody knows. anyway I sent the headsculpt to a local customizer and here's what he came up with.

imagejpg4_zps52affec8.jpg

imagejpg7_zpsba8c179e.jpg

What kind of storage has it been in?

I comissioned a Sweeney todd to Edward conversion, which should be done in the next month or so! I am very excited for it.

Sorry...I'm going to go a scale down and say that McFarlane 7 inch version still hold very strong today. One of those figure I have not removed from my display since day 1. Edward along with "THE FLY"!!!

What kind of storage has it been in?

I comissioned a Sweeney todd to Edward conversion, which should be done in the next month or so! I am very excited for it.

I'm in the tropics and it stayed in the box the whole time until I opened it. Its not bad and can be repaired. My Icon Brando's jacket however has completely lost it's faux leather parts

Dragonsleeper, that's really impressive, especially if your customizer was working with the original head!

Didn't HT tease a reissue a couple of years ago on a poster in a con booth? I remember it was just a closeup of his torso.

Yeah it's the original head. I always believed that the chin was the problem and of course the paintjob.

Back