Hot Toys - MMS 68 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th scale The JOKER collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said it before and i'll say it again. Just like the awesome HT superman figure. It may not look exactly like Routh, but it sure as hell looks like SUPERMAN. The same applies here.

Great lookin fig!!!

Wait, I was wrong, HT did it with their bust:

dsc00009as6.jpg

Just another reason why this is THE Joker collectible to get.

It's hosted on ImageShack so you probably need to refresh if you see a red X.

Where do we begin ...

My man CelticP made this awesome image, and I'm going to use it for reference

Jokerposter.jpg

joker5.jpg

joker12.jpg

joker14.jpg

joker8.jpg

joker3-1.jpg

VASTLY SUPERIOR head sculpt to Hot Toys

Hehe, thanks....

I do like the DC's Joker head....but the clothing is...eh. Plus HT has the knife he used most, money, cards, and the best 1:6 clothing i've seen. I like the head enough to buy it.

Hehe, thanks....

I do like the DC's Joker head....but the clothing is...eh. Plus HT has the knife he used most, money, cards, and the best 1:6 clothing i've seen. I like the head enough to buy it.

I agree with everything you said. That's why someone has to try to combo it, haha. But as I've stated, the DC Direct head is the best, by far.

It would be too big. And a waste of money. I tried the whole combo thing, spent 40 bucks on those Hasbro Indy's. Nothing worked.

I prefer the 1/6 head over the bust for a figure of the Joker. As a buts it works well, but for the figure, I prefer the diabolical expression his face, it adds a bit of meance to him like he'd come alive at night like Chucky and kill you with his knives.

I prefer the 1/6 head over the bust for a figure of the Joker. As a buts it works well, but for the figure, I prefer the diabolical expression his face, it adds a bit of meance to him like he'd come alive at night like Chucky and kill you with his knives.

Yes, the expression the bust has wouldn't work well for a 1/6 figure, but the sculpt itself is more accurate. I'm just saying, in terms of sculpt accuracy and aesthetics, I'd rather have had the bust sculpt than what HT actually gave us for the figure. Not that the figure isn't cool - it's awesome, but I can wish, right?

Knowing Yulli's work, and that she did the bust and the figure, I'm sure they're both equally right in capturing likeness, a bit may have been lost on the figure because of adding the expression to it. If there were a photo with that exact expression on Ledger's face, we could really assess likeness. I think between the incorrect paint apps and an expression unlike most we see in photos, resemblance to what's seen in the movie is hard to make in this figure, but like I do with Trev and Sideshow figures, with Yulli and Hot Toys, I put faith in the quality of the raw sculpt work. Her stuff with Jack Sparrow and Stallone has been fantastic.

ht isnt accurate in terms of the lip scar. dcd is, dont know about medicom. the scarring imo is most accurate on the ht, one side is elongated, the other more bubbly. other figures try to pull this off but not nearly as detailed (very apparent in a lot of the repaints). dcd comes close, but ht is better. the absence of the lip scarring bothers me however. hopefully those customs that chris (i believe this is his name) is doing will be a nice swap. both heads will be nice, the custom and the ht, but i hope our custom tops all of them.

I mean there is similarities in the HT face sculpt. Namely to the Wizard pic back from December. But ultimately it pales in comparison likeness wise to the DC Direct figure, which has a much more authentic feel and likeness facially to the character. HT's scars are all wrong, the lipstick isn't deep enough or thick enough, the paint around the eyes isn't dark or big enough, the wrinkle lines are in places they don't appear in other pictures and clips. Really he comes out look like the Grinch from the Jim Carrey movie.

grinch.jpg

With that said, the body sculpt and clothing is VASTLY superior to either the Medicom or DC Direct Joker. They got the details right in the suit and sculpt. But the face for the DC Direct as seen in the previous pictures is right on the button.

its a good likeness of heath, not enough joker there to impress me with the dcd. its like they took a head sculpt of heath ledger and added red lipstick, white paint and green hair to it with some mediocre cheek scarring (but it has the lip scar!). ht joker is just a better quality figure, if they had gotten a slightly better likeness it would obviously win out. otherwise, as a figure, its much better in total. dcd isn't worth 80-90 bucks. its worth 40-50. it comes across more as a doll rather than a figure to me. same with their atrocious batman.

I mean there is similarities in the HT face sculpt. Namely to the Wizard pic back from December. But ultimately it pales in comparison likeness wise to the DC Direct figure, which has a much more authentic feel and likeness facially to the character. HT's scars are all wrong, the lipstick isn't deep enough or thick enough, the paint around the eyes isn't dark or big enough, the wrinkle lines are in places they don't appear in other pictures and clips. Really he comes out look like the Grinch from the Jim Carrey movie.

grinch.jpg

With that said, the body sculpt and clothing is VASTLY superior to either the Medicom or DC Direct Joker. They got the details right in the suit and sculpt. But the face for the DC Direct as seen in the previous pictures is right on the button.

I guess that's why it's the hottest Figure in the world right now. :lol

If most collectors felt this way it wouldn't be such a massive hit. And there are three figures out there now.

I think we need to see a good repaint, then we can see if the sculpt is really there. I think it is, so does Les and many other very sophisticated Custom guys. Time will tell...

DC Direct's Joker head is ridiculous because it is a direct scan. The HT figure itself is very good, but that sculpt is just poor ... poor likeness for $150.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back