1/6 Hot Toys -MMS 517- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He looks cool all wrapped up from the deleted scene and that's about it.

Shame as i would really love to own a HT Luke Jedi figure.

That mouth open head sculpt looks terrible unless combined with the Endor helmet. I wish I'd ordered the deluxe instead of the Endor only version.

Yeah I still think the sculpt works great with the helmet on, like in the pic below... but in any other way it looks seriously off. Weird.

FB_IMG_1573225376162.jpg

Yeah I still think the sculpt works great with the helmet on, like in the pic below... but in any other way it looks seriously off.

View attachment 470374

Agree that sculpt looks best with the Endor gear on. It might work great in the future with Hoth Luke assuming they make one. Might even work well if modded into the old Sideshow Hoth...hmm.

i got a custom sideshow/hot toys dlx luke. might get the poncho when parted out. sadly i think the sideshow dlx luke sculpt looks better then hot toys version minus the paint apps but none blow me away.

The Endor Luke with grinning sculpt would look good with the figure on a speeder bike IMO.

I guess this is the last of the Lukes for a while from Hot Toys, unless we see something from Rise of Skywalker.

Open mouth looks like Cavill Superman. I’m still getting the deluxe set and have original Jedi Luke too. It’ll be nice to have both.

I think it looks alright. I’ll order at some point. Still irritated that there’s not a non-light-up gloved saber holding hand.

I made a non lit aber holding hand for Luke from a hot toys lit saber holding hand, I just need to mold it and find what the best material for casting it are. I'd like to cast it in rubber after i mold it. Any suggestions? Anyone want to mold and cast it for us?

you can get a better range of motion from a separate hand as opposed to the one attached to the light up led saber arm.

For anyone who was disappointed that they didn't come here and see enough people "convincing themselves they like it"...here ya go. I have no issue with this, and am beyond excited it's finally coming out, and glad to have two on order. I'll be doing the open mouth sculpt with the Endor helmet, and the other sculpt will be with wind blown hair and sandstorm gear. I guess I'm easily satisfied when it comes to the glorified dolls that I chose to play with/purchase. Wasn't Ep III Obi also touted as "worst sculpt ever" just a few months ago? Glad we have another entry, lol.

I'm still not clear what the issue is with that. Can't you just remove the blade if you want him only holding the hilt in that hand?
I don’t like changing out the arm. The sleeve is so damn tight that I feel like I’ll either rip it trying to get the arm in or out. Plus better articulation in a standard hand. Also it just feels like a weird omission, it’s such a simple thing that could have easily been included.

I think it looks alright. I?ll order at some point. Still irritated that there?s not a non-light-up gloved saber holding hand.
The trigger finger hand looks absolutely fine for it.
96635cc27a204f44b23ab38b906ba1c8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I'm still not clear what the issue is with that. Can't you just remove the blade if you want him only holding the hilt in that hand?
I don?t like changing out the arm. The sleeve is so damn tight that I feel like I?ll either rip it trying to get the arm in or out. Plus better articulation in a standard hand. Also it just feels like a weird omission, it?s such a simple thing that could have easily been included.

As others have stated, that gritted teeth sculpt only works with the Endor helmet on. Any other way it just comes across as:

giphy.gif

The trigger finger hand looks absolutely fine for it.
96635cc27a204f44b23ab38b906ba1c8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Blaster holding hands do work as saber gripping hands, if you’re in a pinch. Why they (HT) put people in a pinch to where their only option for a gloved saber gripping hand is a blaster holding hand, is the question. DX07 included both.

I think all the saber using characters that I have so far other than Jedi Luke have the option for both the LED and standard hand. Actually even Jedi Luke has the ungloved saber holding hand. The fact that they omitted the gloved saber hand not just once but twice is really sort of a bizarre choice.

I think all the saber using characters that I have so far other than Jedi Luke have the option for both the LED and standard hand. Actually even Jedi Luke has the ungloved saber holding hand. The fact that they omitted the gloved saber hand not just once but twice is really sort of a bizarre choice.

Especially considering he never held a blaster while he had the glove on, yet they made a gloved blaster holding hand. :cuckoo:

Back