1/6 Hot Toys -MMS 517- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The guy who posted the pic of the packaged Luke on Facebook said he will be doing a video review this weekend!

I'm looking forward to this one. I'll be keeping the poncho on him, so I'm glad he comes with it on.

Leaning towards keeping the poncho on him too. Part of me is almost tempted to get Sideshow’s Speeder Bike. I don’t foresee Hot Toys doing one and it would be a cool accessory for this figure, the upcoming Leia, and the Sideshow Scout (and the eventual Hot Toys version).

Yeah I have to agree, there's a lot of really bad looking photos in there.

I do like this look though with the Tatooine cloak and lightsaber. It's the first one to really make me wish I had ordered the deluxe instead of regular.

74236370_10156645823482344_694480943154462720_o.jpg

ordered the deluxe from Hong Kong today!!
Really looking forward to setting him up.
Now...how about Bespin Leia HT!!!

I don't collect star wars anymore after Disney massacred it starting with the farce engorges, but I came for all comments saying how this sculpt is good from people trying to convince themselves it looks like Hamill like they did with the first Jedi luke figure. Gotta say, I'm a little disappointed. Maybe I came too early. Carry on, I'll be back later.

Well at least it looks more satisfying than the first release... I bought the first version a week before this came up for pre-order :gah: But each version look good, but I feel like there still is a lot of room for improvement on this Luke. Think this would of been a much better choice for a DX instead of the regular figure release. Not necessary to make three different versions with none being that special. But then, there is this thing called greed and lust for some quick money......... We need more companies to aquire the Star Wars license so there is some kind of competition.

Well at least it looks more satisfying than the first release... I bought the first version a week before this came up for pre-order :gah: But each version look good, but I feel like there still is a lot of room for improvement on this Luke. Think this would of been a much better choice for a DX instead of the regular figure release. Not necessary to make three different versions with none being that special. But then, there is this thing called greed and lust for some quick money......... We need more companies to aquire the Star Wars license so there is some kind of competition.
Agree I'd rather have had a Luke ROTJ DX than Maul, I'm happy enough with the final duel version Maul on display. Should have just had a standard Maul release and a deluxe with speeder and 2nd headsculpt.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Especially considering he never held a blaster while he had the glove on, yet they made a gloved blaster holding hand. :cuckoo:

Exactly this!

The thing about heating and adjusting the finger is that I simply don't trust myself to do so. I may end up screwing up the paint or the whole hand in general. And added to HT's claim on screen-accuracy and double dipping with Luke, they really should have just included everything for the fans. If they ever release a third Jedi Luke... **** me dead.

Have we reached the ''it looks far better in hand'' stage yet?

I've been holding off on the first ROTJ Luke until I saw this. Is it just me or does the original head sculpt look better?

I would love to see someone take the HT ANH Headsculpt, then soften up heat and shape the hair on this figure to go on that one and see what it would look like. Realize off the bat it wouldn?t work. But once it?s soft and Pliable you could form it to fit and let it get cold in that shape

The normal hair? Or the windswept one?

I've been holding off on the first ROTJ Luke until I saw this. Is it just me or does the original head sculpt look better?

Few have this. Based on pictures I think the question of sculpt is totally based on what pose and scene/location you are going for. Luke had so many different looks and adventures in just the Jedi attire that getting multiple figures is ideal if you are feeling conflicted.

Yeah honestly I think that first sculpt looks better than both of these, as even the same head with the eyes looking to the side looks weird now.

While he's riding the speeder bike is the closest, which might be a clue as to where Hot Toys is going:

star-wars6-movie-screencaps.com-6693.jpg

star-wars6-movie-screencaps.com-6865.jpg

star-wars6-movie-screencaps.com-6912.jpg

And sort of when fighting Vader:

star-wars6-movie-screencaps.com-13504.jpg

Back