1/6 Hot Toys -MMS 517- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I assumed it was Lukes expressuon from Jabba?s sailing barge, light saber ignited, from the cover of the RotJ storybook.

If anyone is interested in getting the original Luke ROTJ head sculpt, I have three available on eBay. I?m the cheapest, and I?m a US seller.

In hand shots look great (to my eyes)
:) FB_IMG_1573328737732.jpg

They are $99 each from Toy Anxiety.
$120 isn?t cheap, lol.

I was referring to the fact that I?m the cheapest on eBay. Toy Anxiety doesn?t have to pay eBay fees, I do unfortunately. Regardless, the market demand is there, so they are available from me for those who want one.

The HS is not good. There I said it. I'm still getting it, cause I missed out on the first RotJ Luke (cause the HS weren't good). This is my hero, growing up. Jedi Luke, in the dark suit, fighting evil, saving his dad ... Yeah, I am really annoyed that Hot Toys didn't try harder to fix the first HS. But they didn't. End of story. I am usually a real stickler when it comes to HS. But this is my childhood hero. I'll take a subpar HS. Maybe some third party will do a GOOD RotJ sculpt. Maybe not. As I said, I missed out on the first one. I'm getting this. Haters are right to hate and I do think we should expect and (at those prices) demand the best. Truth is, they didn't deliver here. I am looking forward to getting this though.

Quite the mixed message here, lol. You missed out on the first Luke (even though it's still on sale everywhere), haters are right to hate, and customers should demand only the best (which according to you wasn't delivered)...yet here you are shelling out money for it. Way to stick to your guns. I swear people just need things to complain about.

Also... typing an opinion, then typing "end of story" doesn't actually make it true.

No idea where you are going with this. I'm not mad or sad. I think this is better than the first one as you have two options. I still don't think the HS is very good. I'm not claiming to hold the truth. This is a place for opinions. I voiced mine, you didn't like it, fair enough. Have a nice day.

So...
Looking forward to in hand reviews.
Hopefully some YouTube reviews up soon.
Will most likely display either deleted scene version or Endor version as my other Jedi Luke is cloaked ala Jabbas Palace display.

I have two of the first version and will be getting the deluxe version of this as well. Contemplating another so I can have 5 Jedi looks including my custom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 2 also of the first release. I hope we get a review tomorrow, maybe from the guy who has his kids help, which makes me nervous throughout the video. I would be a screaming lunatic if I had my kids helping me unbox my dolls.

On Facebook, a few people said they were going to try and get reviews up this weekend. So if not today, they should be showing up soon

Looking forward to the reviews and photos. Not quite there on either portrait. I picked up the SSC version of Luke and am fine with the Endor gear on him. If I were to pick this one up, it would probably be to display with the "deleted scene" look, since that one has not been presented in quality sixth scale before.

All of the Jedi Luke figures from all the different companies have had their fans and detractors. It just depends on how one wants to display that makes what one works best.

I didn't like the Sideshow Luke. I felt it wasn't quality and the HS was awful. So I didn't buy it. You have "no idea where I'm going" with my reply? You discuss a figure. You say it's flat out bad, and Hot Toys needs to be held accountable as we need to "expect and demand the best" for the price...and this wasn't it...then say you are buying it anyway. So just didn't understand how you are doing anything about it as your post just said needs to be done? Posting on a message board talking about how awful a figure is but buying it anyway? Is that the solution? (That's where I'm going with this. I'm utterly baffled by the post).

Anyway, truly sorry you can't enjoy your figure that you are dropping a lot of money on. I mean that. They are not cheap, and I've been looking forward to this figure for some time now. It stinks when a figure let's you down. Maybe in hand this will look better for you.

Still no idea, but keep going

Lol at the people who get their minds blown by people who like stiff they don?t. Vice versa too.

Back