1/6 Hot Toys -MMS 517- Episode VI ROTJ Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that was unexpected. That happened really quick. They just got it in stock like 3 days ago. Must not have been a very big run. Yoda is now also waitlisted. I clearly waited too long

My guess—and this is purely a guess—is that both Sideshow and Hot Toys have been getting stuck with too much stock, due to people pre-ordering and then canceling.

Sideshow isn't just distributing Hot Toys figures, they are purchasing and reselling them. Sideshow takes all the pre-sale numbers and then pads that out a bit, so they have additional stock, once the figure eventually ships. So they may purchase 500 figures—based on pre-orders—and another 50–100 as stock to sell.

But over the past few years, it has become pretty obvious that Sideshow is getting stuck with a lot of unsold figures. It was probably always an issue, but I think the fact that Hot Toys has ramped up the total number of individual figures they release per year has had an effect as well. People pre-order all the cool figures that are being put up for order, but when when 10 ~$250 figures ship in a year, maybe more people are forced to cancel. Hot Toys shipping schedule has become a lot less predictable as well. A 1st quarter figure slips into 2nd quarter and suddenly a collector may have thee figures shipping in the same month, where they had planned for them to be a bit more spaced out, and are forced to cancel one or more of them.

My guess is that Sideshow is ordering less extra figures for stock. That way they lower the chances of getting stuck with unsold figures. They have also recently added the option (at least I only recently noticed it) to pay off your remaining balance on a figure whenever you want, before it ships. This would be another move that could lessen the amount of canceled pre-orders, by allowing customers to pay for figures on their own timeline, and not get surprised by random "Shipping Soon" notices.

So I think we may end up seeing more figures selling out, and selling out faster going forward.

Last edited:
Yoda on waitlist? Glad, I ordered it 10 days ago. I also should hurry for R2.

It's officially waitlisted on the Sideshow site.

you who waited lost.

Its gone.... never again to be seen... no more Endor for you... now how are you going to get the Scout Trooper and Speeder bike? What's the point? Sad.

On a positive note: I'm no longer tortured by the prospect of buying this. Yahoo!

you who waited lost.

Its gone.... never again to be seen... no more Endor for you... now how are you going to get the Scout Trooper and Speeder bike? What's the point? Sad.

On a positive note: I'm no longer tortured by the prospect of buying this. Yahoo!

I still haven't pulled the trigger on the standard Endor version. This deluxe version was an easy pass as I had Luke Jedi and wouldn't use any of the other looks on this deluxe besides Endor. The teeth exposed sculpts are so odd on this figure, I can't quite get myself to buy the standard either...

It's interesting the deluxe is waitlisted and the standard is still available. This is the first time I've seen the deluxe version sell out quicker than the standard for HT Star Wars (ST figs and DX07 excepted).

It's interesting the deluxe is waitlisted and the standard is still available. This is the first time I've seen the deluxe version sell out quicker than the standard for HT Star Wars (ST figs and DX07 excepted).

There's just parts available in the deluxe that aren't in the Endor. That's been my big gigantic complaint about this figure from the beginning. You want to do an Endor version, and then a deluxe with everything? Fine, but put all the new parts in the Endor version. It's really all about the hair piece and not the deleted scenes stuff, the wind swept hair piece is locked to the Deluxe. I probably would've bought the Endor version right away if it had it, but oh well. I have the Inigo sculpt and I think it's a better swept hair look anyway, but I still like to have the options.

There's just parts available in the deluxe that aren't in the Endor. That's been my big gigantic complaint about this figure from the beginning. You want to do an Endor version, and then a deluxe with everything? Fine, but put all the new parts in the Endor version. It's really all about the hair piece and not the deleted scenes stuff, the wind swept hair piece is locked to the Deluxe. I probably would've bought the Endor version right away if it had it, but oh well. I have the Inigo sculpt and I think it's a better swept hair look anyway, but I still like to have the options.

The only things in the regular edition that are missing in the deluxe are the cloak and the binders. It's an odd decision to leave those out. Especially since they include the blaster. If they were worried about costs, they could have cut out the plant base accessories instead.

Here are the product listings. What is not mentioned about the deluxe is the fat suit is removed, the paint apps on portraits is updated. The tailoring is tighter and sharper. Additional "windswept" hair

Deluxe Edition:
Box Contents
Luke Skywalker figure
Alternate head
5 Pieces of interchangeable left hands
Fist
Gesturing hand
2 Open hands
Hand for holding lightsaber
4 Pieces of interchangeable black-colored gloved right hands
Fist
Gesturing hand
Hand for holding pistol
Battle damaged right hand for holding lightsaber
Helmet as worn on Endor (with magnetic feature)
Camouflage cloak with black-colored belt

Black-colored top
Pair of black-colored pants
Black-colored leather-like belt with a pouch, a hook and a D-ring with silver-colored button clips
Pair of black-colored leather-like boots
2 Dark grey-colored tunic with belt
Light brown-colored sandstorm cloak
LED-lighted green lightsaber (white light, battery operated)
Lightsaber hilt
Green lightsaber blade in motion (attachable to the hilt)
Blaster pistol
Lightsaber hilt with weathering effect
Pair of wearable sandstorm goggles
2 Bush dioramas attachable to the figure base
Specially designed rectangular figure stand with Luke Skywalker nameplate and movie logo

REGULAR EDITION
WHAT'S IN THE BOX?
The Luke Skywalker Sixth Scale Collectible Figure specially features:

An authentic and detailed likeness of Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker in Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
Movie-accurate facial expression with detailed skin texture
Body with over 30 points of articulation
Approximately 28 cm tall
Ten (10) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of hands for holding lightsaber
- One (1) injured right hand
- One (1) gloved right fist
- One (1) left fist
- One (1) open left hand
- One (1) right hand for holding blaster pistol
- One (1) relaxed left hand
- Two (2) gesturing hands
Each head sculpt is specially hand-painted
Costume:

One (1) black top
One (1) pair of black pants
One (1) gray tunic with belt
One (1) dark brown cloak
One (1) black-colored leather-like belt with a pouch, a hook and a D-ring with silver-colored button clips
One (1) pair of black-colored leather-like boots
Weapons:

One (1) LED-lighted green lightsaber (white light, battery operated)
One (1) lightsaber hilt
One (1) green lightsaber blade in motion (attachable to the hilt)
One (1) blaster pistol
Accessories:

One (1) pair of silver-colored hand cuffs
Interchangeable graphic cards
Specially designed figure stand and detachable accessory with Luke Skywalker nameplate and movie logo

I meant between the Deluxe Endor and the Regular Endor.

But its OK, I figured it out.

Looks like Reg Endor Luke is missing:
sideways glance head
windswept hair
wounded hand
sandstorm gear: towel + goggles

Do you get the gray-blue tunic from Jabba's barge? How about the DSII belt?

Got the regular one for barely $100 with rewards. Dont want any of the extra stuff in the other version, and I prefer the straight ahead looking eyes over the side glancing one any day.
Fatsuit dont bother me at all.

Fitting Jedi Luke is my last purchase, hot toys let slip all the critical Star Wars figures for me before Sideshow also started with taxes so it's all good, I'm done. :fest

Unless say Hot toys picks up a LOTR license. And their Mace Windu turns out a spectacular DX.

Or decides to do a Aliens queen topping NECA's.

I meant between the Deluxe Endor and the Regular Endor.

But its OK, I figured it out.

Looks like Reg Endor Luke is missing:
sideways glance head
windswept hair
wounded hand
sandstorm gear: towel + goggles

Do you get the gray-blue tunic from Jabba's barge? How about the DSII belt?

The belt is included in the regular release, but the Jabba's barge tunic and weathered v2 lightsaber hilt are only in the deluxe.

Back