1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here we go with the identity politics based in critical theory. The notion that it's a war between the oppressed and the oppressors as one labels them to be, as opposed to simply a discussion about good or bad ideas.

That is actually one of the many fan theories floating out there... Or both are good, and Luke is the evil villain, since after all Mark Hamill has openely stated he did not like at all the direction director Rian Johnson was going with Luke. It's kinda sad to find out Disney has no plan or direction for this series, and that they are allowing each director to do their thing.. That's scarier than Lucas' ideas for the prequels.

I really hope that Luke doesn't turn out to be the villain. I mean it does make for a good story, but at the same time, sort of crushes his arc in the OT. If they do that, I will almost wish they would have just ended at RotJ and left it up to interpretation beyond that.

Who knows what they plan with this ST though? I mean Kylo turning good is too cliche, but at the same time, would they make Rey join Kylo and Snoke? That would mean Luke would be 0-2 with pupils. :lol

Here we go with the identity politics. The notion that it's a war between the oppressed and the oppressors as labeled, as opposed to simply a discussion about good or bad ideas...

I really hope that Luke doesn't turn out to be the villain. I mean it does make for a good story, but at the same time, sort of crushes his arc in the OT. If they do that, I will almost wish they would have just ended at RotJ and left it up to interpretation beyond that.

Who knows that they plan with this ST though? I mean Kylo turning good is too cliche, but at the same time, would they make Rey join Kylo and Snoke? That would mean Luke would be 0-2 with pupils. :lol

I'm really hoping Rey turns to the dark side. It'd give her character the depth it was lacking in TFA, and I'd personally love a female villain from a movie and figure perspective. Kylo turning to the light is something I want because his character is kind of set up for it.
If she turns and he remains on the dark side though thats excuse enough to give us a Jedi Finn, which is what we were led to believe in the last movie.

And what exactly is wrong with that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you so insecure with yourself that you feel women shouldn't be represented in Star Wars? Why are you so frightened of female empowerment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has absolutely NOTHING too do with Phasma being a woman. Maybe you should've read some of my previous & other posts in different threads.

I tried to get my daughter to be Phasma for Halloween last year. I tried to get her excited about the character being a female Stormtrooper leader. She is 11 and could've cared less. She chose to be a 1st order Stormtrooper instead, as I'm sure there are plenty of women under those masks in the movie too.

My point was that today stories seem to ruin the mystique of it's characters. We never saw who or what Boba Fett looked like under the helmet. That was part of his popularity. The mystery of who the character is. If Boba Fett was created today, he'd have scenes without his mask. I feel the same way with Kylo Ren. Having him take his helmet off and revealing what he looks like ruined the character for me. They should've waited till at least EPVIII to reveal his look under the helmet. Same with Darth Vader. Imagine if Lucas exposed him and we saw what he looked like under the helmet in the original movie as opposed to waiting for his reveal at the end of ROTJ revealing him to be a scared old man. Would never of had the same impact on the audience, and Vader might never have become the most popular on screen movie villain of all time.

You can clearly tell Phasma is a women by the voice. The only reason for her to be revealed, is to show it's a women, satisfying today's agendas and to get more little girls and women into Star Wars. Again, no mystery behind the character. It's not about story. Unless whoever she fights in the movie will be "shocked" that it's a woman, which obviously won't happen.

Rey was by far the strongest character in EPVII (and my favorite character from the movie), as was Jyn Erso in RO. Kathleen Kennedy has openly stated she wants more Mother's taking their daughters to see Star Wars just as Father's have taken their sons. Star Wars is for all. And I'm great with that, as long as it doesn't start to feel like it's being crammed down our throats as rather just good story telling.

I'm really hoping Rey turns to the dark side. It'd give her character the depth it was lacking in TFA, and I'd personally love a female villain from a movie and figure perspective. Kylo turning to the light is something I want because his character is kind of set up for it.
If she turns and he remains on the dark side though thats excuse enough to give us a Jedi Finn, which is what we were led to believe in the last movie.

I could see this happening, as it'd essentially just be a switcheroo. Perhaps the final lightsaber battle in Episode IX will again be Kylo and Rey, but with Kylo in the light and Rey in the dark.

Edit: Or perhaps even Rey vs. Finn, as I imagine Kylo will die at some point after turning back to the light. It's not like he can just walk back to the Resistance and his egregious rap sheet is ignored/forgiven. :lol

It has absolutely NOTHING too do with Phasma being a woman. Maybe you should've read some of my previous & other posts in different threads.

I tried to get my daughter to be Phasma for Halloween last year. I tried to get her excited about the character being a female Stormtrooper leader. She is 11 and could've cared less. She chose to be a 1st order Stormtrooper instead, as I'm sure there are plenty of women under those masks in the movie too.

My point was that today stories seem to ruin the mystique of it's characters. We never saw who or what Boba Fett looked like under the helmet. That was part of his popularity. The mystery of who the character is. If Boba Fett was created today, he'd have scenes without his mask. I feel the same way with Kylo Ren. Having him take his helmet off and revealing what he looks like ruined the character for me. They should've waited till at least EPVIII to reveal his look under the helmet.

You can clearly tell Phasma is a women by the voice. The only reason for her to be revealed, is to show it's a women, satisfying today's agendas and to get more little girls and women into Star Wars. Again, no mystery behind the character. It's not about story. Unless whoever she fights in the movie will be "shocked" that it's a woman, which obviously won't happen.

Rey was by far the strongest character in EPVII (and my favorite character from the movie), as was Jyn Erso in RO. Kathleen Kennedy has openly stated she wants more Mother's taking their daughters to see Star Wars just as Father's have taken their sons. Star Wars is for all. And I'm great with that, as long as it doesn't start to feel like it's being crammed down our throats as rather just good story telling.

:goodpost:

Regarding Kylo though, if they felt the need to unmask him in TFA, I would have at least waited until the scene where he killed his father as being the scene where he unmasks himself for the first time and them him put his mask back on after he did it, as opposed to him unmasking himself for Rey as being the first time we see his face.

:goodpost:

Regarding Kylo though, if they felt the need to unmask him in TFA, I would have at least waited until the scene where he killed his father as being the scene where he unmasks himself for the first time and them him put his mask back on after he did it, as opposed to him unmasking himself for Rey as being the first time we see his face.

Thanks.... :duff

And yeah I agree, that would've been much better and more fitting of and appropriate scene for a reveal.

Got the second version of Creg Customs head:

img_0196.jpg

img_0223.jpg

img_0221.jpg

img_0271.jpg

I personally wouldn't pay $50 for it painted as I think it looks nothing like Driver and is a bit cartoonish, but that's just me. If you like and are happy with it, that's all that matters.

Back