1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ESbLwQJ.jpg

Based on the Vanity Fair look, I'll still with the TFA version for this one.

That looks like a tennis serve !! :chug

For TFA's Force Friday HT revealed Kylo Ren, Stormtrooper, Heavy Gunner Stormtrooper, and Stormtrooper Squad Leader. Based on that, I imagine for this one we may see Kylo Ren, a Stormtrooper variant, and Rey at least. Captain Phasma is a possibility as well since they have the molds for the majority of the figure. Luke is possible as well, but my guess is they'll hold him back for a bit.

But since we didn't get Poe yet, I do hope he's one of the first to be released.

I also think the production sizes will be down, like the RO figures.

Really love the Kylo figure. What you can't see unless you have it in hand is the awesome tailoring and detailed fabric used. The only thing that would have made this figure better would have been the extra head sculpt.

Creg Customs is selling his original unmasked version again. He also has a BD version (although it has the "old" scar position)

97111c6e8e3635753e3b6b7217cd424e.jpg

e00dba2ad2b52b2cbb59102bb6bbf736.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren - better late than never

So, Kylo is finally here - prob. everything that needs to be said about this fig has been said - but, OK, mine came from Sideshow, no shipping box tho it was obvious it wasn't a return, but I like the shipper box as it protects the outer box so thanks for that weirdness, SS!:mad:

Got so *&^% dealing with that light-up arm - like an hour and 1/2 struggle - was about to return in disgust - don't need a light-up that bad but the principle of the thing...finally it clicked into place:mad:. BAD design and the "roll the sleeve up" pic in the instructions is laughable no way that material is going to pull up that high.

Doubt I will ever change the arm again after that:horror. And I miss having a head sculpt, the helmet is painted nicely but the plastic feels a bit cheap....the short light saber rays are kinda loose in the light up and wish they had included some spares.

But. Luv costumes and couldn't NOT have fun w. this one, layers of fabric, at least the fig I got is strong, heavy-ish, no loose joints, and looks badass:cool:. It's like he's even cooler in hand. Too much fun, so took a few cell pics on my parted-out Phicen "No Tomorrow" base (figure Kylo would indifferently crunch over bones because he's that kinda guy at the moment :monkey3) (And now at some point I have to get the batteries out so they don't corrode, but dealing with that arm wiped me out for the day)

HT_KyloRen1.jpg

HT_KyloRen2.jpg

Awesome pics Sass!
The arm on mine is a pain to change and keep in, thinking theres a crack up where the arm connects.

The arm would be less of a burden I feel if the sleeve came apart by Velcro rather than a zipper. I've never once swapped arms on mine though; light up features on my figures are generally inconsequential to me. Some of them I've never even bothered to turn on to even make sure they work.

Awesome pics Sass!
The arm on mine is a pain to change and keep in, thinking theres a crack up where the arm connects.

Thank you! SOMEDAY I am going to use a real camera - yeah, messing with that arm, that happened to me too, I'd think it was right and then it would fall out. Don't even know what worked, finally. Kinda tough when you can't see anything.:cuckoo:

Kylo looks great, but someone (as usual with HT) didn't sit down and TEST a production fig.:(

Wow! So there he is. Great pics. Shame to hear about the arm - what a pain in the ass! Something like that is so frustrating & just shouldn't be. Oh well, he looks fantastic though:rock

I had a similar experience with the arm. Need to be careful with the zipper. it can break I've heard.

But such an awesome figure. I like this costume better than the slimmed down version for TLJ.

90edd412fb93ed8603b48758960dbf0e.jpg

The arm would be less of a burden I feel if the sleeve came apart by Velcro rather than a zipper. I've never once swapped arms on mine though; light up features on my figures are generally inconsequential to me. Some of them I've never even bothered to turn on to even make sure they work.

Oof, I don't think I'd want Velcro. It doesn't really hold up after multiple uses at this scale.

Also does anyone else's Kylo have a loose arm/s? It's hard to get him to hold his arm up above his head with his right arm on my figure because it just falls back down.

Oof, I don't think I'd want Velcro. It doesn't really hold up after multiple uses at this scale.

Also does anyone else's Kylo have a loose arm/s? It's hard to get him to hold his arm up above his head with his right arm on my figure because it just falls back down.

Mines OK. See photo above. Admittedly its not so easy to get it higher. Hope you didn't break anything FatMarco....

True, but neither does a zipper; often times after only a mere single use. :lol

Wow! So there he is. Great pics. Shame to hear about the arm - what a pain in the ass! Something like that is so frustrating & just shouldn't be. Oh well, he looks fantastic though:rock

Yeah, IMO Kylo is actually a pretty good fig, thanks to his weight and a nice interpretation of the costume and light saber. Pulling off the pleated effect of the sleeves is impressive. If only they had put in a longer zipper. Hafta see what they do for the Last Jedi - if Kylo is really getting a cloak a la Vader. And a sculpt, finally. (Black Panther needs one too!)

Yeah, IMO Kylo is actually a pretty good fig, thanks to his weight and a nice interpretation of the costume and light saber. Pulling off the pleated effect of the sleeves is impressive. If only they had put in a longer zipper. Hafta see what they do for the Last Jedi - if Kylo is really getting a cloak a la Vader. And a sculpt, finally. (Black Panther needs one too!)
The Vanity Fair magazine released this week confirms he has a cloak in the next film.
f775300788fb65b0f67a44d634b7f167.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I still like the TFA version better. This is too simple for me. And I'm not just saying that cause I own the first figure.

Apparently Driver hated putting the costume on and was in a really p$#!!ed mood when it was done. Probably good for character. So maybe he wanted a costume charge too something simpler too.

I will miss the helmet (even though the effect was lost since he just took it off for Rey), but I'm looking forward to the EP8 Kylo Ren. I'd like to have that Adam Driver head for a Jedi, everything else for Sith/dark side fodder.

Back