1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cyber Monday deal got me. $35 off and free shipping. Plus I saw it displayed at Disneyland and I was sold.

You'll like it. It's a good figure. At first glance, it just looks like a basic black robe, but there are subtleties and layers to the costume. It is actually very detailed and the figure did a pretty good job of replicating it.

You'll like it. It's a good figure. At first glance, it just looks like a basic black robe, but there are subtleties and layers to the costume. It is actually very detailed and the figure did a pretty good job of replicating it.

:exactly:

It's probably my second favorite overall SW figure, behind the DX07 Bespin Luke.

The deal is still up so...I caved (sigh)

I just got it a little over a week ago and every time I look at my display I'm drawn directly to Kylo! Its details are very subtle since its only a cloak and mask really but once you get the figure in hand its really quite impressive! Well worth it IMO especially since you got it on SS's sale!

Just joined the club... got my first 1/6 figure over Black Friday weekend. Sorry my camera is a potato... doesn't do him justice.
Don't have a lighted display or anything for them yet. I normally collect 6" but I suddenly want to trade all of those for Hot Toys lol.
Kylo is amazing. Going to pre-order resistance Rey and Rogue One Vader too!

dPs6h7q.jpg

Just joined the club... got my first 1/6 figure over Black Friday weekend. Sorry my camera is a potato... doesn't do him justice.
Don't have a lighted display or anything for them yet. I normally collect 6" but I suddenly want to trade all of those for Hot Toys lol.
Kylo is amazing. Going to pre-order resistance Rey and Rogue One Vader too!

Kylo Ren was my second Hot Toys figure. It's an awesome figure for sure. I'm also new to collecting these and when I got my first one in hand, which was Boba Fett, I sold a big chunk of my 6" collection to help me fund some Hot Toys. I've got those figures on pre-order too. Easy to get sucked in haha.

Kylo Ren was my second Hot Toys figure. It's an awesome figure for sure. I'm also new to collecting these and when I got my first one in hand, which was Boba Fett, I sold a big chunk of my 6" collection to help me fund some Hot Toys. I've got those figures on pre-order too. Easy to get sucked in haha.

Yeah, I can definitely see why people love these though. They feel much more like collectibles than a "toy". Can't wait to get a proper display case.

I think you almost have to put the human and non-human characters in different categories (humans in non removable masks would count as non-human, of course), because what we measure about each is so different.

I think you almost have to put the human and non-human characters in different categories (humans in non removable masks would count as non-human, of course), because what we measure about each is so different.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing and took that into consideration. When you're attempting to accurately recreate someone's facial likeness into 1/6 scale sculpt, that's definitely more difficult to do than when the sculpt requires no facial intricacies to accurately replicate one's likeness (e.g. - fully helmeted/masked sculpts). So the Kylo figure does have an unfair advantage in that respect.

However, with that aside, figure for figure, I think the Kylo figure more accurately captures Kylo Ren's look as he looked in the film with the helmet/mask on than the Rey figure captures Rey. That's not to say the Rey figure is bad by any stretch, I think it's tremendous. Just simply as mentioned, figure for figure without taking the aforementioned paragraph into consideration, I personally think the Kylo figure better represents Kylo as he looked in the film with his helmet/mask on.

I specifically remember saying "stick to original trilogy Star Wars stuff, don't get into anything else Star Wars related"

And here we go......Ordered kylo ren and I'm hoping pick up rey and bb8. Damn you hot toys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anyone have problems with the belt? mine came a little lop sided to the right. I tried fixing it with the robe but can't. tempted to remove the belt and fix it but instructions recommended not to. any suggestions? thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Back