1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How low can Ren go

Again I love the wired hood so I can give it movement when he is posed. I'm amazed how adjusting the hood gives it so much depth IMO

For those that are having that jiggling lighted arm problem, are you pushing the arm in enough until you hear the pop or crunch sound. I can tell you that is the only way you will know that the arm is completely attached properly to the arm.

There has to be a big pop sound not a faint sound because when you hear the faint pop means the arm ball rivot is in place but it is still dangling on the socket which leads to the looseness feeling.

You have to keep pushing it in until you hear it crunch. :lecture

Thanks for that! I will try to crunch the sucka's arm in when I get home. Glad to hear it's not a fault.

Thanks for that! I will try to crunch the sucka's arm in when I get home. Glad to hear it's not a fault.

Good Luck..remember small or faint pop or crunch sound is common when first attaching it. Don't be fooled because it's still not secure.

When you hear the obvious crunch sound and it's pretty loud you know you got it in the proper way. I would add try to wiggle the arm and push it into the socket while trying to straighten the bottom of the arm

( Always take heed with caution, remember it's still plastic, So don't gorilla press the arm joint in because it could crack and you're screwed. give it ample pressure and force then you should be good to go) :lecture

It will require some force but more of momentum and push then raw strength. :wave I can't emphasize this enough with people that have strong hands

Last edited:
Just Blew all my reward points on Kylo... Hope he's good!

You won't regret it. Probably only Vader will top this, but it seems like Vader is more work to get it to screen accuracy. I swear in hand this could pass for a live person in a Ren suit

Last edited:
You won't regret it. Probably only Vader will top this, but it seems like Vader is more work to get it to screen accuracy. I swear in hand this could pass for a live person in a Ren suit

This is the truth. Takes very little work (ironing the robes, maybe detaching the hood) to get it to look great. Maybe second only to Chewie, but it's close and Ren is pretty much perfect. Finished this up today - I've done a couple of these but the way this figure shoots it felt like a movie still (a camera upgrade helped too). Looking forward to doing a lot more with this one.

Kylo-Ren-Attack on Jakku-small.jpg

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=244593&d=1455061893

This is the truth. Takes very little work (ironing the robes, maybe detaching the hood) to get it to look great. Maybe second only to Chewie, but it's close and Ren is pretty much perfect. Finished this up today - I've done a couple of these but the way this figure shoots it felt like a movie still (a camera upgrade helped too). Looking forward to doing a lot more with this one.

View attachment 244605

Beautiful Pic and creativity! I swear that could be on a billboard as a screenshot concept :hi5:

Like to see your version :hi5:

Just so you know I got the hood so tweaked like that by cutting the bottom corners of the hood's threads so I could get more movement

I figured you MUST have! So just the two on the corners of the hood? Or all the way around the cowl piece?

I think I have to just bite the bullet and do it. It's not going anywhere for a long time anyway.

I figured you MUST have! So just the two on the corners of the hood? Or all the way around the cowl piece?

I think I have to just bite the bullet and do it. It's not going anywhere for a long time anyway.

It's a simple mod, just be careful

But the results speak for themselves IMO

New pose, new tweak of the hood

Last edited:
I ordered another today for my friend who is on a tight budget.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Two corners, two around the shoulders, and right under the front part of the cloak,

Good Luck..remember small or faint pop or crunch sound is common when first attaching it. Don't be fooled because it's still not secure.

When you hear the obvious crunch sound and it's pretty loud you know you got it in the proper way. I would add try to wiggle the arm and push it into the socket while trying to straighten the bottom of the arm

( Always take heed with caution, remember it's still plastic, So don't gorilla press the arm joint in because it could crack and you're screwed. give it ample pressure and force then you should be good to go) :lecture

It will require some force but more of momentum and push then raw strength. :wave I can't emphasize this enough with people that have strong hands

Same issue here....

A little afraid to crunch and pop him at all.....but if you say so.....mine is definitely not right...

Great pictures, everyone! :clap

This has got to be the most active thread in this section! Each day seems to produce 5 pages plus. Difficult to keep up with if you're not on here almost literally every hour. :lol

Back