1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kylo 2.0 is definitely coming. It will be the 1.0 plus the extra goodies. This will be the "TDK Batman" of the Star Wars line.

I have foreseen it...

Without a doubt

You don't need proof when you have instinct.

I will bet you a hot toys figure that his look and costume change to a degree.....

His outfit will change. Maybe only to the degree that Vader's changed, but it will change. For the toys alone.

So this ships the 26th... I wonder how many they'll send out before people get bumped to the 2nd shipment? And with the Chinese New Year, that could be another six week wait.

Where is everybody getting this Idea that those were Vader's ashes? Was there some behind the scenes thing or visual dictionary page that I missed? Why would he keep Vader's ashes (what would seemingly be a sacred item to him) in the interrogation room? Especially when the melted helmet seemed to be in his quarters. Am I missing something?

Just a fan theory by some guy on YouTube as usual. Everyone who post those claim to have proof and sometimes the proof is heavy, but sometimes thin. I think this one spawned from the idea that the guy who found Vader`s helmet also kept his ashes. I find it strange looking at the movie and seeing Kylo place his own helmet in the ashes though..If they turn out to be Vader`s ashes.

His outfit will change. Maybe only to the degree that Vader's changed, but it will change. For the toys alone.

I can picture it looking mostly the same but with Vader-esque chest and shoulder armor added, possibly gauntlets. They wouldn't redesign his helmet though now that they have firmly established that look as "Kylo Ren" to the movie going public.

I believe that Kylo Ren will look entirely different in the next film. After watching TFA a few times it's clear that they went out of their way to specifically show both the destruction of his helmet and also sabre. And they know the commercial importance of having a new red sabre wielding bad guy for each movie. Lucas killed them off each movie which was a bad call, Disney is being smarter just doing a new look

I think he will either be unhelmeted or in a version of McQuarries concept Vader helmet. Have a look at the art book and you can guess where his character is going.

Yeah, I know someone is designing a new Kylo look for EP8 right now, including a new mask/helmet. I don't know how different or similar it is to his TFA look, though.

Will there be another Kylo Ren? This one is nice on Sideshow Collectibles but I wanted one with an Adam Driver head. That was the better look in the movie if you ask me

Kylo's not going to have another outfit.

You working on the movie? People say some dumb ***** on the internet. Say it how it really is. "Waaaaa I dont want them to redesign it so I dont have to buy a new figure", but they very well could redesign it so that he feels fresh from top to bottom, like he is progressing as a sith, not wearing the same old rags when he was still getting his a$$ kicked by girls.

You working on the movie? People say some dumb ***** on the internet. Say it how it really is. "Waaaaa I dont want them to redesign it so I dont have to buy a new figure", but they very well could redesign it so that he feels fresh from top to bottom, like he is progressing as a sith, not wearing the same old rags when he was still getting his a$$ kicked by girls.

Before anyone else gets to it I'll point it out: He's not a Sith. That said, you're right... they are tweaking his look for EP8. And there will be a new mask/helmet, though it's not yet known if it will be the same design or something completely different.

I say dumb **** coming from the guy who calls kylo a sith. :lol

Vader never got a whole new outfit and most likely neither will Kylo.

I could see them sticking with the mask because it could be iconic.

I'm interested in something new. Doesn't really matter to me tbh.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Before anyone else gets to it I'll point it out: He's not a Sith. That said, you're right... they are tweaking his look for EP8. And there will be a new mask/helmet, though it's not yet known if it will be the same design or something completely different.

Well I was making the point that was dont know anything about whats going on with him in Ep.8. Just because he isnt a sith in 7, does not mean he wont be in 8. Just because his costume wasnt ruined in 7, does not mean it wont be replaced in 8. It also doesnt mean that they will change it either. We simply DONT KNOW. But people are acting like they know.

He may be a Sith in training as Snoke will probably end up being the ancient fear AICN scooped about and a Sith. Maybe even the very first one.

He may be a Sith in training as Snoke will probably end up being the ancient fear AICN scooped about and a Sith. Maybe even the very first one.

Details and minutiae are fluid and subject to change (as always), but the idea going around within the LFL Story Group (which may or may not have come from Abrams, but in any case he ran with it) is that the Sith as an order/sect are extinct and effectively died with Palpatine. However, Snoke IS an ancient being immersed in the Darkside, and may himself predate the Sith entirely. One of the notions here is to move a little bit away from just Jedi vs Sith and make it more broadly the Lightside vs the Darkside, with even some gray in between. I also know there’s a reason why none of the other Knights of Ren in Rey’s Force vision were shown with lightsabers (in fact, some had guns). This was done to purposely differentiate them from the Sith.

One angle they could possibly go toward, however, is that Kylo Ren himself personally wants the Sith to return (because of his heritage and such). If they go that route it could be interesting and may even end up putting him at odds with Snoke and the Knights of Ren because, as of now, they are explicitly NOT Sith... they're a different Order. I was told that directly by someone in the LFL Story Group and 2 other LFL folks. Not to mention what Abrams has also said publicly.

Of course, it could all be Snoke & mirrors… :p

Back