1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished this masterpiece of a sculpt!

Real crap iPhone photos I promise I'll post some professional ones soonView attachment 271350View attachment 271351View attachment 271352

Oooh, but that's outstanding. Mine is with the painter at the moment. If I had a go myself it'd be like FullSizeRender.jpg

Finished this masterpiece of a sculpt!

Real crap iPhone photos I promise I'll post some professional ones soonView attachment 271350View attachment 271351View attachment 271352

Nice sculpt and great paint job! Very well done. I don't think I could ever display a Kylo Ren with an Adam Driver head though. Takes away all the mystery and menacing aspect of the villain. Makes him look too normal and not like an evil Sith wannabe at all.... I can't help but feel if he walked into a village of frightened people then took off his helmet they'd just laugh at him instead of being afraid! :lol

Never been into 1/6, but this is the first one I'm itching to pickup...he looks awesome.

Nice sculpt and great paint job! Very well done. I don't think I could ever display a Kylo Ren with an Adam Driver head though. Takes away all the mystery and menacing aspect of the villain. Makes him look too normal and not like an evil Sith wannabe at all.... I can't help but feel if he walked into a village of frightened people then took off his helmet they'd just laugh at him instead of being afraid! :lol

Before seeing the movie I would have agreed, but Driver gave such an interesting and compelling performance that I now think the character works just as well without the helmet. And in fact some of my favorite scenes of his (interrogating Rey, the final lightsaber battle) don't feature it at all.

Very easy. Get some small scissors, (nail ones or similar), and lift the hood above each shoulder. Snip the connecting threads and be careful not to snip the actual robe. There are a couple on the back and front too if I recall correctly.

Thank you Capn. Just did this and what a difference it makes. :duff

IMG_2238.jpg

Finally got my hands on my first Star Wars figure yesterday, quick out of the box pic.

Not a massive SW fan, but liked Kylo Ren more than i thought i would.
Intend on doing the water treatment on the clothing over the next few days

I really like the character. He has grown on me. Like the prequels or a fungus that you can't get rid of. I picked up Ren cause he seemed like the only character u would want on display in my collection.

I also got the custom head on order. Hopefully have that soon as well.

As far as taking his helmet off in the village I'd have to agree people would have laughed like they did when Baby New Year took off his top hat!
d70abc436bba9c107f3270cb65db3c86.jpg

44763e1eae9b8804f7166205dead9f47.jpg

1db9d672f20636207e6768ee66208eed.jpg

I really like the character. He has grown on me. Like the prequels or a fungus that you can't get rid of. I picked up Ren cause he seemed like the only character u would want on display in my collection.

I also got the custom head on order. Hopefully have that soon as well.

As far as taking his helmet off in the village I'd have to agree people would have laughed like they did when Baby New Year took off his top hat!
d70abc436bba9c107f3270cb65db3c86.jpg

:rotfl ..... Obviously I agree. If I was a vilager I'd still get killed, but I'd die laughing with a smile on my face..:)

:rotfl ..... Obviously I agree. If I was a vilager I'd still get killed, but I'd die laughing with a smile on my face..:)

You'd still get killed indeed, but at least you'd have lowered the guy's self esteem and made him feel even more insecure about himself. :lol

Back