1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well THIS happened... grumble... not a big deal... but ugh.
image.jpeg

LOL!!! hood off was no problem... I pulled the head off to put the hood back on, and the helmet came off the supports... might mod the helmet a bit, and put a chin in there... just a thought.

So what's the mod list on this? Snip threads holding hood piece in place is a given... What else?

I can't speak for what everyone else has done but I personally..

1. Cut the threads that attached the shawl to the back, shoulders and front chest
2. snipped the threads on the two edges of the hood, including the bottom of hood
3. Stripped the figure down to the TT

Resemble

1. tucked the shirt into the cargo pants as deep as I can to rid of sagging material around the belt and hips
2. Made sure to pull the tunic as low as I can get so it didn't bunch up around the waist
3. I also noticed that the cuffs of the pants were riding high over the extended leg posts so I made sure I pulled them down over so they covered the leg posts

Water treatment: Sprayed water all over the robes including the inner robes, ringed it out smooth and then I sprayed water all over the hood and shawl to get rid of the tacky feeling when I futz with his hood

Even after every part of the robe was smooth and wrinkle free, I put the robes back on but still made sure to pull the pants down securely onto the boots and still futzed with the tunic, tugging and pulling it so it didn't ride up or bunch out while I was putting the belt back on.

It's whatever any of us feel they choose or want to do, it's their figure and their decision, these are the steps I took and I am more than pleased with the results.

LOL!!! hood off was no problem... I pulled the head off to put the hood back on, and the helmet came off the supports... might mod the helmet a bit, and put a chin in there... just a thought.

Hey rhboyd since you have the helmet off could you possibly take a pic of the inside of the helmet for future reference?

Id love to see this mod if you do it! The hollow helmet with no chin is the only thing that Im really not digging on the figure (don't get me wrong, I love the figure and am happy to have it, just feel the bottom of his helmet shouldn't just be an empty hole lol)

I can't speak for what everyone else has done but I personally..

1. Cut the threads that attached the shawl to the back, shoulders and front chest
2. snipped the threads on the two edges of the hood, including the bottom of hood
3. Stripped the figure down to the TT

Resemble

1. tucked the shirt into the cargo pants as deep as I can to rid of sagging material around the belt and hips
2. Made sure to pull the tunic as low as I can get so it didn't bunch up around the waist
3. I also noticed that the cuffs of the pants were riding high over the extended leg posts so I made sure I pulled them down over so they covered the leg posts

Water treatment: Sprayed water all over the robes including the inner robes, ringed it out smooth and then I sprayed water all over the hood and shawl to get rid of the tacky feeling when I futz with his hood

Even after every part of the robe was smooth and wrinkle free, I put the robes back on but still made sure to pull the pants down securely onto the boots and still futzed with the tunic, tugging and pulling it so it didn't ride up or bunch out while I was putting the belt back on.

It's whatever any of us feel they choose or want to do, it's their figure and their decision, these are the steps I took and I am more than pleased with the results.

Perfect. :) Thank you, Guyver!

Anyone planning to add a chin to the helmet, use black sugru. For those that don't know, it's a very moldable putty that turns into hard rubber once cured in 24 hours. Available at lowes and even Amazon.

What does "definitive" version even mean?

There was only one version of Kylo Ren on Episode 7: this one is the one and only version.

It's not like IronMan, where we're getting multiple versions of the character from a single movie.

Back