1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did they mention how long Luke had been missing for?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

If you mean in the novel unfortunately not. There wasn't anything additional as far as Luke goes. I believe everything they ever had planned for him in the movie, is in the movie.

Not gonna lie, I still prefer Anakin/Vader (yes both OT and PT) and I'd hardly consider him as a personal favorite, but I'll be damned if I didn't think this guy was great. I loved the more sympathetic yet brutally unhinged approach to his character (both in his anger and genuine sadness/insecurities), it's a nice contrast from Vader and I absolutely look forward to seeing more of him in the sequels.

Props to those who are getting this guy! :clap

After seeing the movie, I'm going to wait for a DX unhelmeted version. The design is fine but this is likely a rushed first release.

Glad (almost) everyone liked TFA. To me it's in the top 3 best SW films. Ren, Hux, and Phasma were great villains and I'd honestly be really pissed if any of them died. So glad JJ didn't f it up. Going through the novel (chapter 3) and visual dictionary now. I want to know everything! Bring on Episode VIII and the onslaught of HT figures!

Glad (almost) everyone liked TFA. To me it's in the top 3 best SW films. Ren, Hux, and Phasma were great villains and I'd honestly be really pissed if any of them died. So glad JJ didn't f it up. Going through the novel (chapter 3) and visual dictionary now. I want to know everything! Bring on Episode VIII and the onslaught of HT figures!

Hux and Phasma were great villains? Howso? They didn't really do much of anything beyond saying a few lines and looking cool.

Really? Wow, seems like a pretty entertaining movie, how can people be disappointed? With Phasma, yes, I get that. I was hoping for 2nd Lead Villain territory, but Kylo 'surprised even me' that he was so good at being bad.

I want to know who prefers any of the PT films to this movie. I want names.

:lol
Riddick :lol

But in general, opinions have been favorable across the board here. Some like Fabio seem to be a bit annoyed with the heavy-handed fan service. And I think that's a reasonable perspective. It was very explicitly made to capitalize on nostalgia and includes countless throwbacks to the original films just for that purpose. Others have various criticisms here or there relating to that, Phasma's role (or lack thereof), Kylo's immaturity/emotional state, Rey's power level and learning curve, the lack of backstory being fleshed out, etc., but still really like the film as a whole. And of course, those blinded by their unconditional love for this perfect film see that as equivalent to taking a crap on the DVD and flushing it down the toilet. We always get that with movies here.

Phasma was lame. Kathleen Kennedy mentioned she would be in VIII though. So we'll see what they do there.

Kylo was great. Driver really delivered a young torn and confused villain on his way to bigger and better things.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Back