1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 302 - Avengers: AoU - Quicksilver

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Quicksilver figure discussion

Ahhh, was hoping to have the right license on the apparels :lol anyways, these studio shots looks amazing! :yess:

Actually searching current prices, I agree. Probably $219-229 range, similar to Black Widow and Scarlet Witch.

If it goes on sale for $100 in the discount bin I'll buy one, otherwise I'm passing. I might have been tempted if he had some sort of effect that made him look fast or something. He just looks like a guy to me, he doesn't look "super" at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I don't care for the look either. But that on the film design not hot toys. I just never bought the character on screen. Wasn't bad or anything. Just nothing I connected with.

I would expect it to be around those same prices. Around the 200-220 mark. But if it is a bit more I'm not gonna be surprised. The accessories are always nice bonuses but they spend 99% of the time in the box so that stuff is always an after thought for me. Unless it's something epic or unexpected like the mk7 with nearly a whole extra figure. But otherwise..it's just bonus stuff. I care about the figure. The outfit and the HS. Maybe the base. With something like iron man or thanos that comes with neat dio items I can use to display without building some elaborate diorama.

Ultimate Ultron will come eventually.

Yea it's on my list of future items. I just hope he doesn't. Lol even though I'll dig it and buy it.

Yeah I don't care for the look either. But that on the film design not hot toys. I just never bought the character on screen. Wasn't bad or anything. Just nothing I connected with.

I agree that a large portion of the problem is Marvel's design. I think this would have done better if they included some sort of effect (like Scarlet Witch) that made Quicksilver look like he was moving fast. Then I would buy it.

I really like this figure. He's fairly simple as far as accessories and costuming but I like the overall look. Almost more in figure form, really.

I agree that a large portion of the problem is Marvel's design. I think this would have done better if they included some sort of effect (like Scarlet Witch) that made Quicksilver look like he was moving fast. Then I would buy it.

Most people destroy these effects. Look at all the talk about those iron man things and the scarlet witch ones..not exactly popular. Lol

Not sure what they could have done to make it look good.

shirt and pant by under armor.
shoe and bracelet by adidas

Most people destroy these effects. Look at all the talk about those iron man things and the scarlet witch ones..not exactly popular. Lol

Personally the iron man effect parts don't look toyish in person IMHO

This looks incredible!!

Disagree. I think the Scarlet Witch effects are essential, just to distinguish it from being a generic 'girl in jacket' figure. Speed trails and a track suit would've definitely made this set more enticing, especially considering they're probably gonna try and charge 230 for this.

He looks awesome. Will pre order when he goes up, hopefully it is today. My price guess is $215, hoping I can PO from SSC so I can get some RPs and not have to pay the NRD, if not BBTS it is.

Disagree. I think the Scarlet Witch effects are essential, just to distinguish it from being a generic 'girl in jacket' figure. Speed trails and a track suit would've definitely made this set more enticing, especially considering they're probably gonna try and charge 230 for this.

I didn't state my opinion. I was talking about the overall community reaction.

I honestly couldn't give anymore ****s about extra effects. It's a figure of the character. But i'm a museum pose dude, anyway. That's honestly fine with me. If Wanda didn't come with her hex effects, would it REALLY bother people? It's still a figure of Wanda from Age of Ultron, I think that's what's most important. Go buy it if you want it. Do I think it's worth $220 or so? Sure, i'd pay that much for this dude. I love Pietro. I'm definitely gonna buy this as soon as it's up for pre order. I think it looks great!

The siblings are the pair I would like to have, but are (so far) resisting in an effort to keep my collection small, specific, and not based around one movie. Ideally I'd like them, and pose them together, but almost separate from the rest of my Avengers... I don't really want to fall into the trap of collecting an expensive, complete AoU lineup..

Maybe after Hawkeye I'll twist my arm to add another character or two from the MCU later down the track... QS and SW really do suit a combined display I must admit..

He looks awesome. Will pre order when he goes up, hopefully it is today. My price guess is $215, hoping I can PO from SSC so I can get some RPs and not have to pay the NRD, if not BBTS it is.

He is on the HT's facebook page, would expect him to go into pre-order within hours

This is an expensive lineup. And I bet it's not over yet. Though I hope I'm wrong. Lol

That is why I am waiting for the infinity wars lineup of the main avengers, considering my HT's targets for 2016 are drax, yellow jacket, antman and quicksilver, factoring in Darth Vader and Boba fett PF's, vision, scarlet witch, Falcon and warmachine impossible to fit them all in. Going to wait for Falcon, vision, scarlet witch and war machine for the civil war lineup, which will have a lineup just has big as AOU, hopfully vision, scarlet witch and war machine will be part of the civil war lineup. Quicksliver, and yellowjacket wont have another figure, and I got to complete the original GOTG lineup.

Hi Res pg 104 post #1038

up_1.jpg

up_2.jpg

up_3.jpg

up_4.jpg

up_5.jpg

up_6.jpg

up_7.jpg

up_8.jpg

up_9.jpg

up_10.jpg

up_11.jpg

up_12.jpg

up_13.jpg

up_14.jpg

up_15.jpg

Gonna be a hard pill to swallow if this is above $199 (which I absolutely expect)

Back