1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So from the impression I am getting, it's also not worth attempting to adjust the belt boxes?

Also, how much of a pain is the saber arm?

i was planning on not moving the boxes, but they are just too far apart. i just took the belt off and CAREFULLY slid them towards the buckle (over the velcro on the back of the belt). everything was fine the belt does not seem as fragile as prople are saying.

i got mine friday, the figure is great, my belt felt strong , but those damn belt box batteries were a pain, one was quick 2 min, the other took over 30 minutes to get them both in there.

But the gloves, boy o boy , those glove, what a disaster, i went with hiding one hand in the cape and the other showing the hand palm to the viewer instead

i was planning on not moving the boxes, but they are just too far apart. i just took the belt off and CAREFULLY slid them towards the buckle (over the velcro on the back of the belt). everything was fine the belt does not seem as fragile as prople are saying.

I was super careful as well, I guess it's hit or miss.

Sent from my Motherbox PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING

Hit or miss indeed.

I was attempting to move the boxes closer a couple of months ago on mine, but ended up unfortunately tearing the belt in half at the buckle while still being extremely careful. I got a replacement belt (was difficult to do being that they were in high demand) and just left the boxes in place.

i was really hoping the gloves looked better with the figure in hand... nope terrible
what is the deal, the side show gloves don't really work?

But the gloves, boy o boy , those glove, what a disaster, i went with hiding one hand in the cape and the other showing the hand palm to the viewer instead

I think the Sideshow ANH Vader gloves are a hair too large, and too long.

I'm going to try to make gloves of my own using some hands from another Hot Toys figure.

I think the fingers are too slender on the Hot Toys Vader, stock hands as well. His gloves look more bulky in most of the movie. The only scene where his gloves look tight fitting are the scene where he's choking the Officer in the board room.

Sent from my Motherbox PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING

Didn't people post that SSC were shipping their Vaders out last week.

SSC still has Vader up for Pre-order

I'm finally happy with this figure. I moved him out of the detolf and back into his box and sold it in eBay. :lol

Just kidding, but I did take him out of the detolf and put him up top. The lights do not do him any service and up top makes him look so awesome and imposing. Lights also make the suit too shiny for me. Looks darker, more regal, and looking up at him makes the legs look less stubby. Win all around.

Any tips for safely removing the dome?

I've been carefully nudging the mask head sculpt under the dome forward, backward, left, and right. I'm hearing creaking, and I see it budging slightly, but that dome is just not giving up without a fight.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Back