1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of my batteries are still in the plastic case......I have no plans to test the sounds at all.

I look at it as a personal challenge, but since I stripped the screw since it was impossible to turn with a normal screwdriver, SSC wants to send me out an all new one.....argh. I want to see if I can get it to open again...

or the lights?
Yeah, I wanted to see how cool it light saber would look like and then I said maybe not.

I look at it as a personal challenge, but since I stripped the screw since it was impossible to turn with a normal screwdriver, SSC wants to send me out an all new one.....argh. I want to see if I can get it to open again...
They always seem to take forever for a replacement lol.

You may want to try JIS type screwdrivers. They are Japanese Industrial Standard and tend to fit the screws better for situations such as these. I use them for on my Masterpiece Transformers and they tend to grab the screw much better than regular Philips.

You may want to try JIS type screwdrivers. They are Japanese Industrial Standard and tend to fit the screws better for situations such as these. I use them for on my Masterpiece Transformers and they tend to grab the screw much better than regular Philips.

Thanks for the heads up - I shall - Appreciate it!!!

IMG_4901.jpg

After hearing all these reports I might just throw this guy in the detolf near my vader so I can have some form of sound. Sad that his sound works better than the way more expensive HT version..

Had the opportunity to see this in person this morning... My thoughts:

The helmet is incredibly detailed when you examine it up close.
I really dislike the gloves.
The body suit really bugs me. There is something chunky about it and unwieldy.
I love the detail of the saber. The light up feature is cool, but I was kind of disappointed by it.
The interrogation droid is really cool and I am kicking myself for not getting it from TA when I had the chance.

All things said, I prefer my mod/bash SS ANH Vader.. especially once I have the hurricane ANH helmet. But for a strait-out-of-the-box Vader figure, it's definitely superior to anything which has come before.

Had the opportunity to see this in person this morning... My thoughts:

The helmet is incredibly detailed when you examine it up close.
I really dislike the gloves.
The body suit really bugs me. There is something chunky about it and unwieldy.
I love the detail of the saber. The light up feature is cool, but I was kind of disappointed by it.
The interrogation droid is really cool and I am kicking myself for not getting it from TA when I had the chance.

All things said, I prefer my mod/bash SS ANH Vader.. especially once I have the hurricane ANH helmet. But for a strait-out-of-the-box Vader figure, it's definitely superior to anything which has come before.

Interesting comment! Thanks for sharing! :goodpost:

Has anyone made a video yet regarding how to properly install Vader's batteries?

Also, Is there a list of what he says?

Mine arrives friday,it's gonna be a case of batteries not included.
No way im messing around with it.Still can't believe it?
When you can buy a $20 toy with a simple button function.

Just got my Vader. He's awesome! Gloves kinda suck but aren't the end of the world and the bodysuit works ok, although it is a tad bulky. The only thing that really bothers me is the gloss black paint on the chest/shoulder armor - I may give that a nice black wash to dull the shine.

Just got my Vader. He's awesome! Gloves kinda suck but aren't the end of the world and the bodysuit works ok, although it is a tad bulky. The only thing that really bothers me is the gloss black paint on the chest/shoulder armor - I may give that a nice black wash to dull the shine.

If you want to go accurate you should dry-brush it very lightly with gunmetal to dull it, not black.

Unsorted-060.jpg
Unsorted-061.jpg

I have same problem with sounds works when you put in batteries and after 15 minutes it doesn't go on until you reinstall batteries again. I wrote to Hot TOYS about problem i i think you should all write and complain about it. Hey figure wasn't cheap $300. I think hot toy should find a way to fix it and send out replacement parts. They use to do it when the first started I want yo see their response

I'm sure Hot Toys will improve everything (the suit, the voice/sound effects, the gloves, etc.) on the Empire Strikes Back and/or Return of the Jedi version.

*snickers*

I have same problem with sounds works when you put in batteries and after 15 minutes it doesn't go on until you reinstall batteries again. I wrote to Hot TOYS about problem i i think you should all write and complain about it. Hey figure wasn't cheap $300. I think hot toy should find a way to fix it and send out replacement parts. They use to do it when the first started I want yo see their response

What address did you use to write them?

Back