1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just have to order. It still says December 2015 shipping so they probably have more to ship even though it says pre-order. They maybe wait for stores they distribute to to get the figures before listing as "in stock".

:mad:

got mine....busted off right tusk.....damn it. 2nd HT figure to show up busted in a week.

otherwise, I'm digging this effort. not worth $300, but a very good showing. just wish the suit wasn't so baggy and it had more hands.

Nice pics......I like the Stormtrooper height variant. How are you standing him to fit the detolf.....he must not be on the stand. I haven't bought him due to not able to stand him straight up.

He does fit with stand in a detolf. Not a closeup shot but you can see he clearly fits.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 522
Nice pics......I like the Stormtrooper height variant. How are you standing him to fit the detolf.....he must not be on the stand. I haven't bought him due to not able to stand him straight up.

He fits in my detolf on the stand with a half inch to spare.

Well, decided to grab him after all....Cost me $59.00 after rewards points...Hopefully I will not have alot of the same issues Ive read on here with mine...But I am looking forward to being very pleasantly surprised with him...:)...

Matt

It was all Star Wars, all day here. Kinda funny, I was looking my Vader over, up close at the helmet, and I noticed my reflection in his lenses, and was like "Woah"

Overall, I'm not sure if it's a big enough upgrade over SSC's version, as I've never really had an eye for those minute helmet differences like the flare of the helmet or high the dome sits. The only thing I really notice about the ANH helm, is that it appears pretty matte, especially in the opening scene, which isn't really captured in any 1/6 version. Plus, I feel like this one looks a bit fat, too girthy. But, I feel like any self-respecting Star Wars nut into 1/6, has to get all of HT's figs so I had to pick him up.

I understand that the consensus is HT more or less nailed the ANH helmet, which is pretty ironic considering the absolute thrashing this figure took since its unveiling.

Thank you, Creighton!!!! Incredibly helpful - I was actually convinced one of the boxes on mine was broken as of last night, but clearly, I was just inserting the batteries incorrectly. Got all batteries in the boxes and they work. Was it worth it? LOL......ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, gotta figure out a way to get the stripped screw out of the main body..........awesome figure. I have (had) the ANH Sideshow one, and its a pretty big jump in quality.....electronics alone is a nice addition. The lightsaber one, fortunately, is very easy to turn on/off thru the faux glove.....no problemo with that - at all.

hi!

can any of you fellow members, upload a pic with Vader and a tall stormtrooper, for height comparison?

thanks!!

Back