1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Without getting too crazy with mods, I think if you just simply raise the cod piece, slide the belt boxes over closer to the buckle, and replace the gloves (if you?re going to have the gloves visible), then this figure looks suitable as an ANH Vader.
Did what you told me. I think it improves a lot.

Obviusly not as well as the heavily modified, but it works for me.

I just badly need those improved gloves.

IMG-20190827-180907.jpg

Enviado desde mi MI 9 mediante Tapatalk

My apologies. When I said “you” I wasn’t directly telling you to make those alterations; it was more just a general statement about how making those simple alterations can go a long way in improving its presentation without having to get too crazy.

Glad to see that you tried those alterations though, as it does indeed now look even better. :clap

Did what you told me. I think it improves a lot.

Obviusly not as well as the heavily modified, but it works for me.

I just badly need those improved gloves.

IMG-20190827-180907.jpg

Enviado desde mi MI 9 mediante Tapatalk

Thats why Vader with Tarkin pack remains the best representation of ANH version..so far.

Chestbox is better on this version than the two-pack?
Hmmm... as far as I can remember, I only switched the chest/shoulder armor and the unlit lightsaber hilt from this to the two-pack version. I can't remember if I witched the head, what are the differences?

Nice! What mods did you do to the helmet? More specifically, what dome is that?

This is my favorite modded ANH Vader
Awesome job, Matrix :clap

Stunning figure, matrix:clap

Yeah that's a terrific looking ANH Vader.

Thank you. Again, looks great!
:duff
How are the leather parts of your figure? hope it still holds well!

No issues with the suit to date(touch wood)...i've removed it umpteen times over the past years...turned it inside out and outside in (as i altered/re-stitched it to fit better) and it still looks as good as day one:)

I?m currently watching ANH and I have to say, as highly coveted as the R1 belt and belt boxes are for this figure because they?re scuffed up, I don?t see them being that discernibly scuffed up in ANH, and actually think the belt and boxes that come with this figure are more accurate for ANH Vader.

Back