1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't he just putting on his gloves?

I thought he was performing a magic act and was about to pull out a long line of handkerchiefs...

The pose is based on a somewhat well known reference pic of Vader, where yeah, I think the person in the suit was tightening up the gloves for the shoot but they liked how it looked.

Looks very nice, Matrix.:clap

Simply stunning, matrix!

That looks fantastic Matrix!

Excellent Vader :clap

Whoa! Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nice pose indeed.

Very nice.

The pose is based on a somewhat well known reference pic of Vader, where yeah, I think the person in the suit was tightening up the gloves for the shoot but they liked how it looked.

Looks very nice, Matrix.:clap

Just playing. The figure looks fantastic.

Many thanks:duff

For those new to Star wars...i was trying to echo this fantastic promo shot of Prowse in costume... View attachment 460457

I revisited my old Vader. I think I just need the RO or Tarkin's Vader gloves, to improve it a lot.

(If any of you have extra gloves, let me know.)

IMG-20190825-163946.jpg

IMG-20190825-163817.jpg

Enviado desde mi MI 9 mediante Tapatalk

Without getting too crazy with mods, I think if you just simply raise the cod piece, slide the belt boxes over closer to the buckle, and replace the gloves (if you’re going to have the gloves visible), then this figure looks suitable as an ANH Vader.

Without getting too crazy with mods, I think if you just simply raise the cod piece, slide the belt boxes over closer to the buckle, and replace the gloves (if you?re going to have the gloves visible), then this figure looks suitable as an ANH Vader.

Agreed. I shimmied the codpiece up and moved the belt boxes and he looked much better. Haven?t replaced the gloves, but they are covered in the current pose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Without getting too crazy with mods, I think if you just simply raise the cod piece, slide the belt boxes over closer to the buckle, and replace the gloves (if you?re going to have the gloves visible), then this figure looks suitable as an ANH Vader.

That's all I did as well. I also did change the boots to the Tarkin 2pk version since the original ANH figure didn't have the shin guard straps. But not really necessary as you don't easily see them. I only bought em cause I got em relatively cheap during a TA 25% off sale.

Back