1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So picked up the Rogue One Vader to customize the ANH Vader, but ended up using more than I expected.

"You can't win, Darth. You're far too shiny."

DSC_0508.jpg

Looks really nice there. Scale even looks good there. You just swapped the crotch pad, that's it?

I'm glad to see the green lights actually glow green... but did HT decide NOT to light the red light now on the belt boxes?

Yeah, the red lights don't glow. This is actually ANH Vader body and suit (height is better). From RO added the gloves, helmet, belt/boxes (nicer but might be too big since I prefer the smaller ANH chest box), outer robe, and shin pads.

I tried every combination of parts but ultimately height was a pretty important factor and the parts I wanted fit better on the bulkier ANH body. Still unsure which boxes I'll use but these ones light up really well, though they're still annoying as hell to turn on.

Yeah, the red lights don't glow. This is actually ANH Vader body and suit (height is better). From RO added the gloves, helmet, belt/boxes (nicer but might be too big since I prefer the smaller ANH chest box), outer robe, and shin pads.

I tried every combination of parts but ultimately height was a pretty important factor and the parts I wanted fit better on the bulkier ANH body. Still unsure which boxes I'll use but these ones light up really well, though they're still annoying as hell to turn on.

Great info, and I didn't realise the two were a different height.

Great info, and I didn't realise the two were a different height.

It seems minor (maybe 1/4" to 1/2") but the figure also has skinnier legs so the proportions feel a bit different too. Here's a slightly clearer shot of the figure. It's a strange combo of weathered and unweathered parts, but in reality the ANH only had the helmet weathering and everything else felt totally clean.

e8e2c90de704a024032c87141e1fe0d3.jpg

Knowing all that does make me feel better about not picking up RO Vader and doing Jazz's mods instead. Just based on pics I'd have said the RO was clearly better, but naturally some details can only be appreciated in-hand :)

Great looking Vader. Those R1 boxes on the ANH figure really add to it.

That looks phenomenal, matrix. Both figures. ANH Vader looks like ANH Vader and R1 Vader looks like R1 Vader. Perfect and accurate representations of the character from each film. :clap

Back