1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I am good. Just mad at the co-pay cost. So, I am gonna ask, what tool are you all using to crack open the helmet? I was getting nervous as the sides seem like they didn't want to cut 'cleanly all the time.....of course, not worried how clean the top of the helmet is - that will be covered, but the sides to the base of the neck had me worrying that it'll look sloppy when I reglue

Ugh, don't get me started on health care. I had something done recently and they billed $159 for some lady to squirt a numbing spray in my throat(that didn't do jack) :mad:

Has anyone swapped the shin guards for the boots? I was surprised how flimsy they seemed. Would the Vader deluxe ones work at all?
The Vader DX ones are all kinds of inaccurate...especially for ANH. The HT one's might seem flimsy to you because of hoe they're attached to the 'leather' boot. You might want to try taking the shin guards off and attach them to a new kind of boot. Just an idea. I found I like the HT boots much more than I thought I would.

Learn from my mistake: if you do the helmet/mask mod, use proper cutting techniques. Vader cost me an extra $300 for the ER visit. And yes, I should have known better.....the dome was no problem, it was that damn face mask that almost killed me

Jeez what happened , you sliced yourself?

Yeah, hope you're okay, Matt. Was hoping you were joking.

The Vader DX ones are all kinds of inaccurate...especially for ANH. The HT one's might seem flimsy to you because of hoe they're attached to the 'leather' boot. You might want to try taking the shin guards off and attach them to a new kind of boot. Just an idea. I found I like the HT boots much more than I thought I would.

That's good to know. Probably won't bother doing anything, but it seriously reminds me of the plastic they use for their inserts.

Yeah, hope you're okay, Matt. Was hoping you were joking.

That's good to know. Probably won't bother doing anything, but it seriously reminds me of the plastic they use for their inserts.

Thanks and not joking. Warning is for all: i forgot how sharp those tools are, but only my pride was truly hurt tonight

Thanks for the concern all. This is Vader: even in toy form, you gotta respect him or he'll force wield that xacto on you!

This one?
c26e7d23b1487faba15b7dc0ff694029.jpg

A little bit!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's actually not the one I had in mind. Unfortunately, I'm unable to find a screen grab of it. However, that one looks similar also!

Learn from my mistake: if you do the helmet/mask mod, use proper cutting techniques. Vader cost me an extra $300 for the ER visit. And yes, I should have known better.....the dome was no problem, it was that damn face mask that almost killed me

Ah, the hazards and perils of 1/6 scale collecting. :lol

Hope everything is ok.

Thanks and not joking. Warning is for all: i forgot how sharp those tools are, but only my pride was truly hurt tonight

Thanks for the concern all. This is Vader: even in toy form, you gotta respect him or he'll force wield that xacto on you!

Any suggestions what tools to use. I have different xacto blades ( curved, jagged, precision cut etc )

Yeah, I would like to know what is the best tool for the mask pry? standard xacto not the way to go, I learned

Can you take a pic of how the mask is like when separated. Maybe I can help. I've customized many times using tools, just got to pick the right one

Well, my mask is still very intact...lol...will take pic in morning of my progress.........thanks, guyver

Look forward too it

BTW here's a basic set I use for tools in the past that haven't failed me

Would any of these tools work? I have even better tools for precision. But I usually use these for a start

I sliced my thumb, working on a kaiyodo Vader kit about a year ago, so I feel your pain, Matt. Probably should've gone to the ER but I just taped the skin back down lol! Got a nice little scar, now.

Back